• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda UK seem to have dropped the NC700!

I have run into many salesmen who don't get it and trash the NC. Honda should do something to weed them out. No wonder these dealers don't sell and and no surprise the dealer in Macon, GA still has the only 2012 they stocked. Honda needs more dealers like HondaBikePro showing potential buyers what the bike is capable of.

I orginally went into the dealer to look at getting a Shadow or a CTX700, I had never heard of the NC700x until the dealer told me. He asked about my riding style and what I would be doing most with the bike. After those questions he pointed me to the NC700. I am glad he did, I love this bike

I have run into many salesmen who don't get it and trash the NC. Honda should do something to weed them out. No wonder these dealers don't sell and and no surprise the dealer in Macon, GA still has the only 2012 they stocked. Honda needs more dealers like HondaBikePro showing potential buyers what the bike is capable of.

This is 100% contrary to my dealer who has sold out of his 2014 models already and have people on order for more. It has been one of his best sellers. Many people have gone in looking at the smaller 500 model (myself included) but once they get introduced to the NC they decide to switch. The 500 has been a slow seller because of that.

This is 100% contrary to my dealer who has sold out of his 2014 models already and have people on order for more. It has been one of his best sellers. Many people have gone in looking at the smaller 500 model (myself included) but once they get introduced to the NC they decide to switch. The 500 has been a slow seller because of that.

I think it has a lot to do with location. Seems certain places are selling these much better than others. My dealer has only sold two. I'm not sure how many OldJeff's or Bamamates dealers have sold but I bet it isn't many. They just are not popular in Arkansas. I see GW's or sport bikes everywhere. I don't think my dealer pushes them though. They focus more on the GW's. They don't even have an ST on the lot and I wanted to look at one. Now that I think about it I don't really even see any GS's on the road either. Not a whole lot of adventure style / mixed / cross/ whatever you wanna call them. I see Harley's, GW's, and Sport Bikes.

I have never bought a bike from them, but the Honda dealer in Shawnee OK is one of the largest Honda dealers in the country and they always stock the NC at discounted prices. Friendly folks there every time I have stopped in to look around while traveling through.
That's where I bought mine. Drove seven hours to get it. Was looking at the silver one that Sunrise Honda had that Sgt. Chuck ended up getting. Shawnee had the silver one I ended up getting even lower on the base price than what Sunrise had. Add in hard bags, heated grips, and centerstand and I'm good. Very good place to do business. Day after I left a tornado went through just down the interstate from there and two days later the big one hit Moore and OKC.

Honda in Fort Smith has only sold 2 that I know of. They still have a 2012 on their floor. They do have 1 ST, and that is the only one they've had for the last 3 years. The two 500's sold, and the F6B's are dusty. Said they were going to mark them below cost just to get rid of them. Other than HD, and GW, big bikes just don't seem to be selling anywhere around here.

That's where I bought mine. Drove seven hours to get it. Was looking at the silver one that Sunrise Honda had that Sgt. Chuck ended up getting. Shawnee had the silver one I ended up getting even lower on the base price than what Sunrise had. Add in hard bags, heated grips, and centerstand and I'm good. Very good place to do business. Day after I left a tornado went through just down the interstate from there and two days later the big one hit Moore and OKC.

Small world. I bought the bike you looked at. On a side note, it sounds like I got took. LOL

Nice ad on the NC750X but at 6200 Pounds or 10535.71 dollars, I'm afraid Honda has jumped the gun on a good bike too soon as what is available for 10535.71 today in the US makes for a lot of competition in the US not favorable to Honda..... I plan to keep mine till 100K miles or death anyway. Hopefully the add on parts from third party that fit the NC750X will still fit the NC700X so we with NC700X will still have Farkle power.... :-(

Actually, you cant compare the prices paid in England/Europe to prices paid in the US. While we have import/tariff costs added to imported goods, they come no where near what European countries add....plus, you have to add the difference of the Pound/Euro to the Yen, which may add to the price of imported goods in those European markets.

if you like that much OC buy the thing and stick it in here Non NC700 Motorcycle Section

1st its hardley junk and now this!!
if I or we want an adventure bike we'd go and buy one geeee some folks??

the mt7 is a triple not a twin and it will rev like a clappers and mpg isn't all that great either certainly not like the nc.

and yes I'm not a fan of it although I do like some yamaha bikes

Erm, the MT-09 is the triple, the 07 is the twin....

PS Love your signature....!

Kinda the same here in SoAZ. Quite a few NCX have been sold in Tucson and Sierra Vista areas. Then, kinda died off a bit. Even though I get PLENTY of folks asking me about my NCX every time I park it somewhere. ("Frunk", mileage, engine power, etc.)

As of now, Honda dealer in Tucson has two on the floor, 2012 in silver and 2013/4 in red. And, as of last week, the 2012 is marked to $6099!!!! If you guys/gals know anyone wanting a 2012 silver NCX, tell 'em to check out Musselman Honda in Tucson. Ask for "Lumpy". :)

Mike.

I really like my DCT model but I have to say that the automatic transmission is the only really commendable thing about the bike aside from the trunk. As a manual transmission bike this is easily outdone by the Suzuki V-Strom 650 in the same category. The stock seat is too hard and uncomfortable, the stock windshield is a joke, the fuel tank is too small, and the bike needs a lot of tricking out to make it really useable. Sorry, but that is the truth, however much I wish it were otherwise. I have a feeling that the manual NC700 is likely to disappear. We will be lucky if the DCT is still around when the smoke clears.

I really like my DCT model but I have to say that the automatic transmission is the only really commendable thing about the bike aside from the trunk. As a manual transmission bike this is easily outdone by the Suzuki V-Strom 650 in the same category. The stock seat is too hard and uncomfortable, the stock windshield is a joke, the fuel tank is too small, and the bike needs a lot of tricking out to make it really useable. Sorry, but that is the truth, however much I wish it were otherwise. I have a feeling that the manual NC700 is likely to disappear. We will be lucky if the DCT is still around when the smoke clears.

You can hear the same complaints about the BMW f650 (single cylinder)/G650gs bikes and they have been around for almost 30 years. The seats are uncomfortable and if you are taller than 5 foot nothing, you are sitting on the big downslope/canted seat (more slope than the NC700x), stock windshield is about the same size as the NC700x (if not smaller), most BMW owners complain about the small fuel tank (newer models is about the same size tank as the NC700x-older models had a 4.1 US gallon tank)-heck my cruiser only has a 4.1 gallon tank and gets 40% less fuel mileage than my NC700x-no frunk and top heavy due to oil reserve tank in the fake tank location (where the NC700x has the frunk); has less HP than the NC700x, only has 5 gears, since it is a single, more vibrations and higher RPM range in every gear. I traded my BMW G650gs in for the NC700x and have not regretted it one iota. Oh yea, the NC700x new is $2000 less than the G650gs, license plates (in Indiana) are less for the Honda (by 60%), insurance is less (same coverage on my 2013 NC700x is same price as the coverage on the 2009 BMWG650gs). As long as Honda keeps selling them, they will still offer them-heck, their RS cruiser has very low sell numbers and are still being offered.

I looked at a used V-strom when I was at the dealer checking out the NC (manual).

I got the NC new, for the asking price on the used v-strom... Honda has upped their prices since then, and I bought after the model year so I think I got a bit of a deal.

What I really takes issue with is the fuel tank statement; the vstrom has a 5.3 gallon tank, vs. the NC at 3.7.
NC is averaging around 65mpg on fuelly, vstrom is making about 49 mpg on fuelly.
According to those numbers a full tank on a vstrom will get you 259.7 miles; then NC will go 240.5 miles a difference of 19.2 miles on a full tank.
Though the Vstrom will cost you $6.40 more to fill up (assuming $4.00 a gallon)

so $6.40 more in gas gets you 19 miles further... While I agree that 19 miles is a long way to push a bike that is out of gas, I don't think stopping 19 miles earlier for gas is that large of a burden on most people. And if it is $20 gets you a 30oz fuel bottle that will make up the difference (keep it in the frunk, call it a reserve.)

As for the seat and the windshield they are a matter of personal preference, I didn't think the vstrom seat was that much better, and I don't know if the used bike I was looking at even had a stock windshield... so I've got little to say on those.

Meanwhile on the vstrom you need to add luggage to make it actually useful... Now, I know what luggage is going to cost me on the NC... and for that price I could get a windshield and a seat... Ultimately I would call a comparison between the two a wash, I liked how much lighter the NC felt compared to the v-strom, but that too is a matter of personal preference.

I do agree however that the DCT is by far the most innovative part of the bike, the engine is neat, but when it is "just half a fit engine" there isn't anything revolutionary there (may be revolutionary for a motorcycle but not for internal combustion engines in general)
the fuel efficiency is impressive, but it isn't anything that would be out of reach for most car manufactures if they were moving 1/4 of the mass with 1/8th of the surface area and half of the power of their economy cars...
I do think that honda will keep the DCT around, maybe on maxi scooters, maybe on future versions of the goldwing (My father (goldwing rider) suggested the only reason they haven't yet is because they can't find a place to put any more buttons :) )

The NC will be around as long as honda is making money off of it. And as long as the issues are ones that take longer to find than a test ride, honda will keep selling them for years to come.

I respect your opinion but I view your post as highly subjective. Objectively the tank range between the two bikes is roughly the same because of the NC's efficiency and the stock V-Strom windshield is legion for buffeting the rider. Seat comfort is largely a matter of opinion and I found the NC700X competent at what it was designed to do pretty much right out of the box. This is my opinion of course.

I think you have issues with the bike more because of your riding style, than the bike's. Not to imply that your style is wrong of course, but by the same token, IMHO, I obviously believe the opposite of you because my riding style suits the bike eminently.

Does this mean I am correct and you are not? Nope. Just a different way of looking at things. I can justify my opinions regarding everything properly designed with the bike, every bit as easily as you can justify your opinions of "faults".

Yes that was always going to happen. After all they did issue some info to the dealers stating that the 700 models were no longer available to order. However, the NC700X DCT is still available to order for A2 license holders.

And that is what I don't get. :confused: With the license restrictions across the pond, why would Honda take a bike that fits the A2 category and STOP selling it? (Thus loosing potential sales of a bike that is perfect for the beginning rider.) Yet here in America, the land of "bigger is better", they are NOT selling the 750. I just don't get it. :confused:

And that is what I don't get. :confused: With the license restrictions across the pond, why would Honda take a bike that fits the A2 category and STOP selling it? (Thus loosing potential sales of a bike that is perfect for the beginning rider.) Yet here in America, the land of "bigger is better", they are NOT selling the 750. I just don't get it. :confused:

Because maybe Honda didn't design the bike with the original specific intent to make it an A2 category?

I believe they designed "a" bike, that just fortuitously happened to fit into that category, due to it's mission profile. Sure, it's likely that they may have given the nod to a little tweaking to ensure it *could* be used thusly, at least until the CB500 series was on line and being sold.

Then, they could tweak the NC model to better specifics that their true majority end users wanted, and not be handcuffed by arbitrary regulations in one part of the market.

As far as the 'States (and some extent Canada too) goes, go figure. There are a zillion models over the years that seem tailor made for North America, but they were either complete duds, or sold poorly, and I guess the manufacturers are extremely gun shy about getting burned by a fickle N.A. market.

Totally awesome bikes were sold in the rest of the world for decades after they stopped selling them here. There's gotta be a very good reason for that. :(

Bikes sold in the US have to be submitted and go thru tons of red tape with our great government/EPA. Even though the 750 and 700 are similar bikes, they are different to the government and have to go thru the red tape again. Maybe next year, if Honda wants to go thru all the red tape of introducing a different bike (the 750)....

Back