• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda UK seem to have dropped the NC700!

Bikes sold in the US have to be submitted and go thru tons of red tape with our great government/EPA. Even though the 750 and 700 are similar bikes, they are different to the government and have to go thru the red tape again. Maybe next year, if Honda wants to go thru all the red tape of introducing a different bike (the 750)....
The EPA requires every model sold in the USA to obtain certification every model year so it's not just that it is "a new model". Every Honda engine family sold each year requires certification every year. Since the 700/750 passes the more stringent EC Euro 3 standards passing EPA certification is more of a paper chase than anything else. There is cost to be sure but it's not a huge obstacle in the scheme of things. The cost was in R&D during product planning to meet the known standards and that is being amortized across all production units of that engine family regardless of markets sold in.

My thought is the 750 would immediate kill 700 sales in the US but if 700 sales hold up the 750 will come when 700 inventories are low enough.

The EPA requires every model sold in the USA to obtain certification every model year so it's not just that it is "a new model". Every Honda engine family sold each year requires certification every year. Since the 700/750 passes the more stringent EC Euro 3 standards passing EPA certification is more of a paper chase than anything else. There is cost to be sure but it's not a huge obstacle in the scheme of things. The cost was in R&D during product planning to meet the known standards and that is being amortized across all production units of that engine family regardless of markets sold in.

My thought is the 750 would immediate kill 700 sales in the US but if 700 sales hold up the 750 will come when 700 inventories are low enough.

The current NC in the states differed from the rest of the world. At the very least we didn't get Chipped ignition keys... I believe there was also a small horsepower difference.

As far as emissions go I don't know if they de-tuned the engines or not, but my understanding from reading was that the NC beat the Euro 5 emissions standards (at least internationally) but in the US honda says "Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment." and I thought CARB emissions standards were lower than the euro 5 standards...

All these things add up to my belief that the NCs in the US are tweaked to be different from the ones internationally... I'm not sure the reason, I don't know what they tweaked (if it is just software, if there is a hardware difference? or if they just post different specs in the US because they only need to be plus or minus 10% so they can lie more here...)

Maybe I'm just being paranoid... Maybe we get better bikes in the US, maybe we get the rejects that don't pass honda's quality control in other countries, but what ever the case I'm guessing all of these things add up to honda needing an extra year to get the bike into the US (maybe more if they get busy with other things)

Erm, the MT-09 is the triple, the 07 is the twin....

PS Love your signature....!

yeah ya right ..must have had a senior moment
puzzled-smiley-emoticon.gif

my apology OCR

AND I WAS READING A BIKE MAGAZINE IN THE HOTEL WE STAYED AT DOWN SOUF OK guys I'm not shouting
apperently london is swarming with the NC700's.so they are selling very well here.

Last edited:
I really like my DCT model but I have to say that the automatic transmission is the only really commendable thing about the bike aside from the trunk. As a manual transmission bike this is easily outdone by the Suzuki V-Strom 650 in the same category. The stock seat is too hard and uncomfortable, the stock windshield is a joke, the fuel tank is too small, and the bike needs a lot of tricking out to make it really useable. Sorry, but that is the truth, however much I wish it were otherwise. I have a feeling that the manual NC700 is likely to disappear. We will be lucky if the DCT is still around when the smoke clears.

That is your truth, which is a truth....not the truth.

Some of us are quite satisfied with the bikes.

That the bike is "outdone" by some other bike (whatever that means) is irrelevant; I'm not in any competition with others.

That the screen is ineffectual is irrelevant; I didn't expect it to be.

The fuel tank is abundantly adequate for where I live. On group rides I typically sit off to the side at service stations while the guys with bikes that "outdo" mine fill up. On rides where they fuel up twice, I fuel up once. On rides where they fuel up once, I typically fuel not at all....and have enough to commute a few days afterwards. Lots of them have bigger fuel tanks, though, so I guess they win after all.

My only farkles are a Givi tail trunk, 12V/USB power outlet, iPhone holder, and Kijima heated grips. There are some things I would like to add, but have found the bike perfectly usable without.

The seat could be better.

That's my truth about the manual transmission bike, which is a truth and not the truth.

Last edited:
I'm kind of amazed the bike has not done better. It seems like it won all kinds of "bike of the year awards". It's a joy to ride and it's a great value. And everyone who sees the frunk loves it.

I have seen a few reviews where the bike is compared to a scooter (I have the manual and I don't get that at all), I wonder if that has put people off??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back