• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How Far Off Pavement Do You Take Your NC700X?

The hills are steep and sections are concrete and sections are soft dirt.

I was easing up the dirt using the clutch to moderate speed. I stopped to decide which line to take, revved the engine, let the clutch out.... and NOTHING happened. NO FORWARD MOTION!

I let the bike coast backward and found the clutch would help the bike go forward ONLY when under very little stress...
Riding the hills back into Santa Maria was an exercise in gaining momentum downhill so I could make it to the top of the next hill...

I had babied that clutch its whole life...soooo now I replace the clutch every 50K no matter what.

On my disastrous off-road attempt going up a sandy, boulder-strewn hill a week ago, I got stuck (it got worse). I was giving it throttle, but I don’t think the rear wheel was turning. Could someone explain mechanically what was going on? I was worried about burning out the clutch or doing some other damage. I have the DCT model. Luckily, everything seems ok 1000 km later. Thank you.

Back