• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How the NC stacks up against the Africa twin.

Well I have about 4,000 miles on my AT. My AT is slightly more buzzy than my NC although I do have knobs on the AT. I find my self forgetting I have a sixth gear when I'm on my NC. I feel like I sit in the AT were I feel like I'm on top of the nc. I have mentioned before the bike gets hot it may not be hot compared to other big adventure bikes but if your coming from a nc your going to feel the heat because there is non on the nc it hasn't been a issue for me the wind protection for me is really really good I find myself having to stand to get ventilation I have zero buffeting its the best I have ever experienced of any motorcycle Im 5'9" by the way. just finished 5 days in the Colorado back country discovery route I purchased a low seat and actually like it better than the stock seat and now I can almost flat foot. overall I'm still really happy with my AT however I still love my NC and still have zero plans to part with it.WP_20160821_13_19_17_Rich.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if the factory just went back in business 22 Aug..then it won't be long..but for those tired of waiting...there is a brand new one on the showroom floor in Melbourne Florida...maybe someone will fly down for Disney/Universal/Seaworld...and ride it back home...Honda Africa DCT...

Well I have about 4,000 miles on my AT. My AT is slightly more buzzy than my NC although I do have knobs on the AT. I find my self forgetting I have a sixth gear when I'm on my NC. I feel like I sit in the AT were I feel like I'm on top of the nc. I have mentioned before the bike gets hot it may not be hot compared to other big adventure bikes but if your coming from a nc your going to feel the heat because there is non on the nc it hasn't been a issue for me the wind protection for me is really really good I find myself having to stand to get ventilation I have zero buffeting its the best I have ever experienced of any motorcycle Im 5'9" by the way. just finished 5 days in the Colorado back country discovery route I purchased a low seat and actually like it better than the stock seat and now I can almost flat foot. overall I'm still really happy with my AT however I still love my NC and still have zero plans to part with it.

Next time I'm in CO, gonna challenge myself to do Hagerman Pass.
But riding solo, Engineer Pass was about as much risk/adventure I was willing to take.
Great photo!
What rear tire do you ride on?

Riding the NC on Hagerman is rough but slowing down and picking my way through it wasn't that bad. I found going down Ophir with all of the loose rocks to be the worse one. My butt was clenched on it.

Griff, your comments stirred my thoughts on vibration comparisons. The AT I test rode definitely shook and buzzed more than my long time NC700X. However, I now own two NCs that were probably built within a day or two of each other (serials 192 apart). Both bikes are properly maintained, yet the engines have a different character. So I wouldn't be surprised if the ATs and NCs both have variations amongst units.

The official Honda demo bikes mostly had about 700 miles on them. They are likely performing just as they left the factory.

I have given the buzziness some second thought. As I travel mostly on backroads I probably would not notice buzziness so much hence my initial assessment of my own motor. However I was cruising steadily on a motorway a few days ago at about 130kph and yes, there is some buzziness in mine. It has lower gearing and as such for a given speed it is revving higher than the NC. I suppose I would classify it more of a "busyness" as it is not coming through my hands as a vibration like my Triumph sometimes does. As such I can see why some folks would classify it as buzzy.

Found an honest DCT vs. manual review of the ATwin:
[video=youtube;tMILVr42zR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMILVr42zR4[/video]

I would just like to find a honest Dakar AT DCT that belongs to me! No, I will not except another color nor a manual transmission, I just want what I ordered and paid for!

I would just like to find a honest Dakar AT DCT that belongs to me! No, I will not except another color nor a manual transmission, I just want what I ordered and paid for!

Have you seen this one:

[video=youtube_share;bZ4g72grBa0]https://youtu.be/bZ4g72grBa0[/video]

A pic attached from the weekend away on mine......

P1050378.jpg

The location was North County Mayo in the west of my country. The other bike ridden by my friend was an Aprilia Caponord.. No ordinary Capo though. It has a fully integrated top end and fueling system from a crashed RSV from the same period, so it is very quick indeed.

Got a call about an hour ago. My Africa Twin Dakar DCT is in the USA. NOW, if the warehouse does not catch on fire, the 18 wheeler delivery truck does not crash, or the dealership does not go out of business I will finally have my AT on Saturday.

Got a call about an hour ago. My Africa Twin Dakar DCT is in the USA. NOW, if the warehouse does not catch on fire, the 18 wheeler delivery truck does not crash, or the dealership does not go out of business I will finally have my AT on Saturday.

There are always earthquakes, invasion, storms etc etc.......

One more sleep.......

Sorry, forgot to add pestilence........

Last edited by a moderator:

Wanna trade?
When you sat on mine at the HU, I thought you two were perfect for each other.:D

Springdale, Arkansas. Saw this when in for 4K service. Manual one on showroom floor.
IMG_0011.jpg

Back