• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to open glove box without a key

Just read the entire thread. I think the best piece of advice I saw was to push down on either frunk or seat when opening. I always do it and it makes the key turn much easier.
That said, it only works if your mechanism is not broke (which was the premise of the thread).
I would argue that if done every time the problem of breakage may not happen.

sorry did not get wright back to you, i am on the road, i leave for Oregon next week, and then to Texas, and then to colorado to do the the bdr. will not be back till mid august. i do not no how to repost the pics, i do not have the pics in photo bucket anymore. but if you pull up on the trunk on the right side at the point, you can see one screw, take this screw out, it will be tight not very much room, then the two in the front of that cover, then pull the cover back and off. if you look under the key from the right there is a hole, in side is the cable and latch, try to pull the cable. if anyone know how to repost the pics, without photo bucket please pm me. dale

I think the reason the pictures are gone from the post is because they are were deleted from photobucket. The forum post goes to photobucket to find the pictures. The forum does not store the pictures it stores the link to the pictures ????

I think if the photos are small in file size they can be stored on the forum post directly without the link to the outside photo storage.

Last edited:
I think the reason the pictures are gone from the post is because they are were deleted from photobucket. The forum post goes to photobucket to find the pictures. The forum does not store the pictures it stores the link to the pictures ????

I think if the photos are small in file size they can be stored on the forum post directly without the link to the outside photo storage.
I always reduce the file size of my photos before adding them to the Forum postings. I then leave them on my desk top and from there transfer to the Forum. Seems to work fine so far. No Photo Bucket or other type of album.

sorry did not get wright back to you, i am on the road, i leave for Oregon next week, and then to Texas, and then to colorado to do the the bdr. will not be back till mid august. i do not no how to repost the pics, i do not have the pics in photo bucket anymore. but if you pull up on the trunk on the right side at the point, you can see one screw, take this screw out, it will be tight not very much room, then the two in the front of that cover, then pull the cover back and off. if you look under the key from the right there is a hole, in side is the cable and latch, try to pull the cable. if anyone know how to repost the pics, without photo bucket please pm me. dale

thanks, am gonna try

All the pictures I have ever posted were uploaded direct to the forum. I usually upload 1+ megabyte JPEG files and the forum software automatically downsizes them. I've never used or needed photobucket or external storage. Photos linked from other Web sites also can be copied/stored to the forum by selecting that option on the Image Insert interface.

If I need to repost a photo I can go back to a post that used it, find the attachment number, and insert it into a new post using that attachment number. So, near as I can tell, the forum stores the image indefinitely.

I have having the same issue. Just got a new NC700XD, been using the frunk for a week with no issues. I put a bag in today, rode to work, and could not get the frunk to open and get my bag. Worst part, the key seems to have a slight bend now.

I tried both keys, and don't want to bend the second key. The seat (gap tank) opens fine, and its only the frunk that does not seem to pop open. Turning the key also feels different somehow.

Any tips, ideas or suggestions to get this open. Please help, my work stuff is in there.

I have having the same issue. Just got a new NC700XD, been using the frunk for a week with no issues. I put a bag in today, rode to work, and could not get the frunk to open and get my bag. Worst part, the key seems to have a slight bend now.

I tried both keys, and don't want to bend the second key. The seat (gap tank) opens fine, and its only the frunk that does not seem to pop open. Turning the key also feels different somehow.

Any tips, ideas or suggestions to get this open. Please help, my work stuff is in there.

you should still be under warranty right? take it to the dealer. , it happened to me, i had them deal with it

I was thinking of some kind of emergency setup,like an old new choke knob and cable hidden away to unlock both the frunck and seat.My real fear is shuting the frunck with my keys inside,,its gonna happen I know ,some day..and it will be raining...Methinks you could probably locate choke knob on the bars,,cus is a tealeaf gonna realise??probably he is ...but I only keep my crappy waterproofs in there anyway...

I was thinking of some kind of emergency setup,like an old new choke knob and cable hidden away to unlock both the frunck and seat.My real fear is shuting the frunck with my keys inside,,its gonna happen I know ,some day..and it will be raining...Methinks you could probably locate choke knob on the bars,,cus is a tealeaf gonna realise??probably he is ...but I only keep my crappy waterproofs in there anyway...
Someone posted pics for hidden cable to unlock frumk. Think it was itlives.

Took my bike to the dealer today. They disassembled it, and gave me 2 options. $198 to change the lock (different set of keys for ignition vs. frunk), or $350 for changing all locks. They said Honda would not approve the claim, because I "likely" stuffed the trunk.

Has anyone heard of this?.... I actually did not stuff the truck. I had a bag in there, that I was carrying all week and opened/closed fine - it just didn't open on the one day I needed something in the bag.

I asked the dealer to file a claim; but now am concerned they may not fix this under warranty.

All you have to order is the trunk lock. When the new lock comes in carefully take off the two plastic latches, and install them on the old lock, that way your keys match and is way cheaper, get you dealer to file a claim on just the trunk latch. pay close attention on the way the latches and springs are installed on the new lock before removing the plastic latches. Dale
I will take new pics of how to open trunk, without a key and post them, but will take a few days to do i am not at work. Dale

Last edited:
Just ran into this problem today on my 2012 NC700x. Very disappointing. Can't get my helmet out right now because it's locked into the frunk, so I can't ride it. When I turn the key clockwise until I get resistance, usually at that point it'll pop. Now it just gets to that initial point and feels like it slips and nothing happens. I'd love to be able to unlatch it so I can take this thing to the dealer, but it sounds like this isn't covered under warranty at all. Are the original pictures still available? Would love to see it reposted.

I've been rather disappointed with the lock assembly. I often have problems with the ignition getting stuck as well.

All you have to order is the trunk lock. When the new lock comes in carefully take off the two plastic latches, and install them on the old lock, that way your keys match and is way cheaper, get you dealer to file a claim on just the trunk latch. pay close attention on the way the latches and springs are installed on the new lock before removing the plastic latches. Dale
I will take new pics of how to open trunk, without a key and post them, but will take a few days to do i am not at work. Dale
Dale,
I'll be eagerly awaiting your photos and explanation.
Thanks

IMAG0198.jpg

So this is what I see when I pull down the side panel as per the instructions on the front of the page. I've made a hook and I managed to hook in the image there and pulled it towards me, but no effect at all. Am I doing it right? is there a particular direction I should be trying to go? I'm not supposed to hook [A], right?

I've also tried pushing down on the lid and turning the key, that wasn't any help.

After another 20 minutes trying again today I finally managed to pop it open! For those who might be in this situation in the future, take a coat hanger, fashion a hook from it and hook it onto in the picture above. Slowly and firmly pull on it (no need to jerk) towards you and generally to the right so to get the cable slightly downwards. It takes a lot more pulling power/strength than feels appropriate before it'll unlatch - my first couple of tries I just gave up because nothing was happening when I first met resistance.

.....now, off to buy a new lock assembly..

Back