• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

how would you mount these lights?

misterk

Reaction score
Visit site
f12de927e28c5da77129c115ff9206a5.jpg

c56e67bb7c2ad56ef23c70569ede61f2.jpg

i have the 1" crash bars

I would use a piece of "flat bar" from Home depot.
Mout the flat bar to the underside of the nose (there are holes there that make that easy)
then mount each light to each end of the bar.

As I recal I do remember cutting away some of the plastic cowling under the beak, but the flat bar mounts to metal that is already there and already has holes in it.
Front
allon.jpg

Left
leftside.jpg

Right.
rightside.jpg

Excellent, I will try this.

I looked at the bar, there is one hole only on the right side but it does not go through both sides Of the tube.

The left side did not have a hole. I am not crazy about cutting away the plastic on the beak or drilling a hole in the sub frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had a set of small lights on my previous Honda mounted vertically off the reflector mounts down on the front forks. Could be another option for you.

Excellent, I will try this.
I am not crazy about cutting away the plastic on the beak or drilling a hole in the sub frame.

I did NOT drill into the frame. On the USA (X) model there was a metal piece under the plastic. I bolted to that... and that's why I had to cut away some of the plastic.

How did you bolt to the bar?

I will have a photo of that shortly. It will look awkward as it's on the bottom of the nose... but I'll take one....

Here's a photo as it is right now.
I laid the camera on the front fender looking up.
In the photo, the headlight is on the right.
You can see where I cut back the plastic fitting.
(Yes, I need to tidy up the wiring with small zip ties...!)
nose1.jpg

Here's the same photo without the plastic piece.
When I went looking around for something to bolt the flat bar to, I remember thinking how convenient it was that there was already a metal fitting with holes in it I could use.
I used the nylon bolt fittings that resist vibration.
Looking back... one could just have easily used several zip ties to hold the flatbar in place since the lights hanging from them aren't very heavy.
nose2.jpg
The flat bar is painted flat black. Makes it harder to see.

Last edited:
I will have a photo of that shortly. It will look awkward as it's on the bottom of the nose... but I'll take one....

Could you please publish some measurements of this bar? Distance between holes under the headlight and bolt thread and legth?

Ok, so there are holes in the nc bar under the plastics?

They are for OEM honda light bar. And some aftermarket bars using them too. But you have to cut plastic, add some wasрers/spacers and longer bolts.

Last edited:
I was going to order the bar but twisted throttle and revzilla do not. Have any in stock. So revzilla will email me when they have it in stock.

I ended up mounting them on the crash guards, and will order some denali's to put on the bar under the headlight, either make my own or wait till someone gets one in stock.

well... the flatbar is...easy to measure... I'll get that one for you... I had to make two versions of that as the first was too narrow after I mounted the lights... had to cut another one an inch longer on each side...

The holes on each end fit the bolts on the lights (they came with mounting hardware)...
How big are the holes ... big enough to put the light's bolt through...

The holes that let me bolt to the frame are ... as big as they needed to be for whatever bolts I had around...
They need to be small enough to fit in the frame holes... short enough NOT to stick out too far once seated...

I just finally mounted those same lights StratTuner ..... on my crashbars (only had them sitting for 2 years in the garage). I wanted some "extra" light ...can't wait to try them out more on my trip !!

I just finally mounted those same lights StratTuner ..... on my crashbars (only had them sitting for 2 years in the garage). I wanted some "extra" light ...can't wait to try them out more on my trip !!

It does make a big difference... on a desert road, no street lights... lets us all see further down the road.
Pictures of your work?

I put on some Denali lights. Denali will sell you a flat bar drilled for those holes (you remove the plastic piece under the peak.)

It would be easy to just buy a flat piece and drill the holes yourself.

The Denali loghts were high / low, but curiously came with an on off switch, so I had a tech wire it from the battery to the on off switch, and then to the stock high low switch. So now I can turn them off or have them high or low.

Back