• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Howdy from Panama City , FL

eastbayandy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just moved back after a few years in WA . Sold my BMW K75s before I left and was going to get another one here, but I bought a little newer machine ['12 nc700x] with 7800 mi. . I really like it and am glad I didn't buy into all the negatives about the engine lacking power. It's got plenty for me. I can see that I will need a few mods right away, seat and windscreen. I might try the cheap seat mods I've read about here, raising the front so you don't keep sliding forward. I'm 6'1 and the non stock screen it came with is noisier than a room full of kindergartners. My beemer had a corbin gunfighter that was pretty comfy. I only weigh about 165 wet and have long legs. I fitted a guftason screen to it, they are all custom and come in lots of heights and widths and colors. Advice on the screens available would be welcome. I'd like to fit a rack so I can strap my uke to the back, but can see that may be a challenge with the filler where it is. this ain't my first Honda, Started with a 90 when I was 15, then a 350, 305, 750 cafe. Had a 1200 Bandit and BMW boxer before 2 BMW K75's. Was looking for something more maneuverable and practical then the usual crotch rockets or Hardly,s that seem so prevalent round here. I may have found it. glad you guys and gals are here. I plan on doing the maintenance myself, but the bike doesn't look like it needs much. chain, sprockets, rubber, fluids all look good. Guess it will be time to have a look a the valves pretty soon. WP_20160917_15_56_56_Pro.jpgWP_20160917_15_57_46_Pro.jpgWP_20160917_15_58_27_Pro.jpgWP_20160917_15_58_34_Pro.jpgWP_20160917_15_58_50_Pro.jpg

Welcome from Conway, AR. My family lives in Dothan, AL so I try to spend a couple days at PCB every summer. Like you I’m 6’1 with long legs. ~35” inseam. The seat mod helps but if you are going to do longer rides then you will want to go aftermarket. I highly suggest Madstad for windscreen. Lowering pegs will help with the knee angle and there is plenty of adjustment in the brake pedal to go with a 30mm drop. Rox bar risers help get the bars in a more comfortable position. I have mine up and slightly forward. If you don’t have a passenger then Hondabikepro, he has a thread out here, makes an aluminum plate to replace the passenger seat and it has a cutout for fuel so you don’t have to raise anything to fuel up. Valve check is pretty easy. Watch putting the valve cover bolts back in. As several of us have found, they easily snap.

Welcome from Conway, AR. My family lives in Dothan, AL so I try to spend a couple days at PCB every summer. Like you I’m 6’1 with long legs. ~35” inseam. The seat mod helps but if you are going to do longer rides then you will want to go aftermarket. I highly suggest Madstad for windscreen. Lowering pegs will help with the knee angle and there is plenty of adjustment in the brake pedal to go with a 30mm drop. Rox bar risers help get the bars in a more comfortable position. I have mine up and slightly forward. If you don’t have a passenger then Hondabikepro, he has a thread out here, makes an aluminum plate to replace the passenger seat and it has a cutout for fuel so you don’t have to raise anything to fuel up. Valve check is pretty easy. Watch putting the valve cover bolts back in. As several of us have found, they easily snap.

Knew you were from Alabama, but did not know you came from Dothan. Home of the National Peanut Festival. All hail the "Boll weevil". I lived in Enterprise when in the military. I had a great time riding in Alabama. That orange ground can be clay, sand, or sliding mud, all at the same time. The ground can be here today and gone tomorrow. Very different than riding in the Arkansas dirt/rock.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I grew up a little west of you in Ft. Walton. I moved away in the late 70's and was never able to move my family back.

Funny you should mention Gustaffson plastics. I've been to his shop several times and never knew he made a NC700X product. He actually made a slight modification on my Madstad shield for me so I wouldn't mess it up.

Welcome to the forum. I grew up a little west of you in Ft. Walton. I moved away in the late 70's and was never able to move my family back.

Funny you should mention Gustaffson plastics. I've been to his shop several times and never knew he made a NC700X product. He actually made a slight modification on my Madstad shield for me so I wouldn't mess it up.
The Gustaffson was on my Beemer. sorry for the confusion.

Apparently he does, but just one.

Welcome from Georgia! You made a good choice.

The mirrors are those shiny things on top of the handlebars. :cool:

Back