• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/02/md-double-take-2012-honda-nc700x/

Yep, it's a new article and I just read it this morning and commented on it, on their page. From reading the comments, sounds a few people have "some sour grapes" or just feel like complaining or something. Of course it might the same people who complain on all the other bike reviews too about never enough power, it's not a harley, it's not a 1000cc bike, etc...
Tony

Last edited:
I would wager that for the majority of buyers of all motorcycles that having top end HP above 50, that extra HP is very seldom used.
The longer I ride the NC700X the less complaint I have about the suspension. The forks seems to need wearing in and are smoother after 1500 miles.

Art

Very good review. I agree with its conclusion - a thoughtful and well executed machine by Honda to please enough people enough of the time. It's a do-it-all bike that does everything... pretty well. The main complains tend to be about this bike not being a niche bike, in terms of performance. For that, you will have to spend 50%-75% more on a performance driven bike.

:confused: Wonder how they managed to get the manual hydraulic clutch feature (10th paragraph)? The reservoir must be so small you can't even see it in their photo. ;)

Greg

The NCX doesn't have enough power, yet it will still out perform the vast majority of cars. You could tell that most people had the I ride X bike by that company and everything else is crap attitudes.

The NCX doesn't have enough power, yet it will still out perform the vast majority of cars. You could tell that most people had the I ride X bike by that company and everything else is crap attitudes.

What people don't realize is that you only need 10-15 HP to "maintain" speed at 60-65MPH. You are only fighting wind resistance, internal friction, and some tiring rolling resistance. And yes, unless you have 150HP between your legs, you are not RADICAL enough to hang with the cool kids.

was wondering, not that I bought this bike to race or anything, but...

muhuhuharrrr

say, you come to the front of a traffic light and there is an XXX777vttrblabla car next to you.
Where should we draw the line between pulling away from the traffic (for our safety of course) and gracefully purr letting the rsehole look like he is racing himself?

Just a thought. Can we have a "I showed that guy" and a "don't attempt this at home" thread maybe? Just to help the NCX brethren out naturally.

It is for the safety of our children and world peace.

There is nothing more satisfying than embarassing some folks on high powered bikes, when riding something that has half the horsepower. However in such situations always pick the field of combat carefully !

Back