• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hum dealer purchase price changes

newride

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I do hope it is all a miss communication though I am concerned that the agreed upon price for my nc700x for $5,493 plus $200 doc fee then I pay taxes in Florida appears to have changed to $6,053 for the cost of the bike based on an email I got today from sales person.

I will hold tight until I speak with them tomorrow to get this resolved thus do not wish to name the dealer in this thread since I hope it is all a miss communication, after all I did confirm via phone the price would not change thus no need to make payment it full prior to pickup May 1st though did have them put $500 down on it to note it as sold.

Do hope this does not turn bad since I already sent items to dealer and had them installed. Will know tomorrow. And no, they did not send me a buyers order after the down payment...next time I will have to require that for certain. If the deal turns south all I could do is contact my credit card company to contest the charge then deal with the dealer to get my parts back.

Hum, maybe lesson learned...hope it turns out ok tomorrow.

That's a tricky situation. If they have any sense of customer service, which most if them don't, they should be willing to figure out the discrepancies and sort them out so you both leave happy.

Is it possible that that final figure includes sales tax? But I have to say that even if the higher figure does not include taxes, it is very fair as long as they don't add shipping along with that documentation fee. $5,500 is probably a dead loss for them.

$5493 is a whopping good deal. Even $6053 is a great deal as it is nearly $1000 below MSRP. Both offers look great to me. Hope you get the confusion clarified and can move ahead with the purchase.

The dealer I bought mine from tried to screw me on my trade in.They ( the sales manager ) gave me a price for my trade in,then after I got the loan and came in with the check they TRIED to discount my trade by $800 !!!.they wanted $800 for chain and sprockets!!. The chain and sprockets were shot BUT he saw that 3 days before I brought in the check.Then they told me they would sell my trade for $4,600,3 weeks later the put it on the internet for $6,000 !!!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hum yes, shipping now that does ring a dim bell, be it a belated one on my part.
So $5,500 + 300 + 200 does equal $6,000. Dam it I hate getting older and it seems dumber some days. I will email them right away and offer my apology for not accounting for that shipping figure though that still does not account for my $500 deposit so that still needs to be resolved.

I agree the price of the bike for only $5,500 before doc and shipping was great though then again that was why I elected to make the purchase to begin with I felt.
Appreciate everyone's thoughts and insight so that I could recall that shipping fee, another good reason to get line item buyer orders it seems...it helps old people like me I guess.

As long as that number includes all those fees, I think you can rest knowing that you got a better deal than 90% reading here. Most good deals are $6,400 out the door before taxes, and many paid list price plus title (or documentation), plus shipping, plus prep.

This is why I absolutely REFUSE to play the idiotic game of 'well, the bike costs this, but then we have this fee, and that charge, and this fee, oh and those charges...' Just tell me the @&(#*! price. All those 'fees' are part of the price. I was born at night, but not last night. I'm not taken in by teaser prices that aren't actual prices.

Sorry, don't know why I let that rant out...

Anyway, glad you (probably?) got it figured out.

There may be a reputable dealer somewhere in the entire U.S. But I seriously doubt it.

It was easy for me to negotiate a price. I emailed them the price I would pay and they emailed back they'd accept it.

It helped that I quoted 2 other dealers in the area offers in the email, and told them I would take one of those if they declined my offer.

Took 30 minutes from the time I sent the email till I got an acceptance email back.

To make matters worse, dealers love using terms like "price out the door" which don't really mean anything specific, thus meaning different things to different people. To me that means everything, including plate & taxes & fees. Sadly, that is not what it means to most dealers.

When I bought my S the dealer was very helpful. He ran all the numbers and calculated the final price including freight, tax, etc. and gave me that figure before I even made the deposit to reserve it. He had to do the math himself and write it down in pen even. And when I went to get the bike a few days more, it didn't cost a penny more than he quoted.

All is well, I failed to remember shipping charge and they did not list the $500 down payment paid prior. Got buyer order numbers and will be ready to ride may 1st.
:D

This all sounds very complicated to me. In the UK the price quoted includes Vechile tax VAT road tax number plates and PDI. So the ticket price is the price you pay* This is much simpler

* Less any discount that you can negotiate

My brand new bike, which was used on a test ride day and had mileage on it, was sold
to me for just over $8000 out the door. That is with tax, tags, freight charge and a
discounted center stand that was already on the bike.

For $6000 you are stealing that bike from them.

This all sounds very complicated to me. In the UK the price quoted includes Vechile tax VAT road tax number plates and PDI. So the ticket price is the price you pay* This is much simpler

* Less any discount that you can negotiate

Nothing is that cut and dry in the US

It was exactly that cut and dried for me. I told them I wanted to know the _total_, meaning I don't owe anyone anywhere anything, and that I REALLY dislike the stupid fee games. That's the quote I got, and that's the price I paid. My dealer was honest in saying that they do list certain things as separate on the bill of sale, as required in this State, but the total was exactly what they quoted me.

Back