• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hyder Alaska

what next

Reaction score
Visit site
For those going to Alaska either going or coming back you should stop in Hyder just for the Halibut as they say.HyderSeek 060.jpg
This is Bear Glacier early in year May 07 I was on my way to Hyderseek Rally.
P1000867.jpg
Here is July 08 we passed by in our little rv.
P1010738.jpg
This was 09 and July also, on my way back to Alaska 3rd year in a row.
P1010743.jpg
This is entering Hyder Alaska notice no border check stations it is getting back out you better have your papers.
P1010755.jpg
Cassiar Hwy on a dry day. It rains a lot so be prepared to look like this
P1010763.jpg
Dam wish I was going back this year.

Thank you for the information! Looks like you were on street tires. How did they hold up? Any tire problems.
No problem I think I had Pilot Road 3 tires I was getting about 15,000 a set at time. On hard pack roads and raining yes you have to drive like you are on snow. Can't remember if I had to plug these along the way or not. If I have a tire problem I usually find it in the morning during tire check always been a nail or screw, I plug it and go. Only had one real blow out caught a large screw towards shoulder of tire ,lucky for me I was 1/2 mile from home. I did not have load on bike and with the stiff sidewalls of tire I rode it home, off course that tire was trashed. Your longest sections of gravel will be Cassiars Hwy, Top of World Hwy and north of Arctic Circle. Hopefully one or 2 of them will be dry ride.

Thank you, sounds like the stock Bridgestone 023 will do just fine. Glad I don't have to go purchase knobby tires. No humming noise from the tires this way. How did the Goldwing do that was with you on the trip, now he had 850lbs with nothing in his bags.9.jpg

SmileyGooglyEyes.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, sounds like the stock Bridgestone 023 will do just fine. Glad I don't have to go purchase knobby tires. No humming noise from the tires this way. How did the Goldwing do that was with you on the trip, now he had 850lbs with nothing in his bags.
The Goldwing did fine , we gave ourselves a 3 day window for ride to Arctic Circle picked the best one .P1010908.jpg

We are leaving in 21 days for DeadHorse.If we have time on our way back we want to ride into Hyder.. Here's the tires we are running on both bikes.
qe2utety.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are leaving in 21 days for DeadHorse.If we have time on our way back we want to ride into Hyder.. Here's the tires we are running on both bikes.
qe2utety.jpg

Wow, most people take the Dalton HwyP1010893.jpg looks like you could go cross country.. Just kidding you will do fine, will the tires last the whole trip? How are they on wet pavement. I always wear earplugs so the noise would not bother me. Oh here I am at the end of road in Hyder just couldn't make it any farther.HyderSeek 076.jpg

The front tire us kinda UNKNOWN,I had a 19" on my strom and it went over 6,000 miles but this is a 17".The rear should go atleast 12,000 miles.They don't really make much noise.Wet pavement there not as good as a pure street tire but we don't push our tirrs very hard so they should be ok.Here they are on my wifes bike.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370057597.480764.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370057620.406289.jpg

What are those? The one on the right looks like a TKC 80 but I haven't seen anything like the one on the left. Sorta like a mutant Avon Gripster.

qe2utety.jpg

nice pictures , the FJR is the bike i wanted,,, but can't afford
but . by the time i'm done i should of bought a used one
nc7000 7200
madstad 285
seat cover 130 .......seat-concepts group buy
luggage 975 ..... 43 shad side and 40 liter top box
cruse 45 .... control
grip 10 ..... puppies
total so far 8645

nice pictures , the FJR is the bike i wanted,,, but can't afford
but . by the time i'm done i should of bought a used one
nc7000 7200
madstad 285
seat cover 130 .......seat-concepts group buy
luggage 975 ..... 43 shad side and 40 liter top box
cruse 45 .... control
grip 10 ..... puppies
total so far 8645
The FJR was a good bike I changed plugs every 25,000 miles at 78,000 had a new cam chain tensioner installed and they checked valves, still ok. Had it 5 years 98,000 miles sold it for $3600

Back