• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I finally put a deposit down on a 2016 NC700X DCT ABS...

Any idea when the 2016 will make it to the dealers? New to riding, in my 50's, and I feel the NC700XD is the right fit for me. I'm looking at the 2016 because of the changes made to the bike, but haven't seen them at a dealer yet. I'm not committed to any dealer, as there are enough within driving distance to be choosy. Thanks!

I believe it will be 'April' ... I called the dealership today and they have indeed ordered it, but no idea on delivery. I will call back Tuesday.

Thanks... I've been getting "sometime in April" from most dealers I've contacted but nobody seems to have a date... That is usually followed by a "I can give you a great deal on a 2014" I was just curious if anyone knew... Thanks for your response.

I was at a dealer last week. They had a red one out on the floor with a tag on it saying "2016 NC700X." It was obviously not a 2016. Idiots.

Update: Dealer called today, bike is going to be shipped from the factory May 9th, so I'm expecting mid-May to take delivery...

At least you guys can pre-order. My dealers in Houston can't even get ahold of their Honda rep to order :mad:

Ice, was that a dealer with a backlog of old NC700Xs to clear? I visited my local dealer yesterday and they have 7 non-ABS NC700Xs to get ride of (2013,2014,2015 model years) The salesman claimed he didn't know when he could order a 2016 but could make me a great deal on a leftover.

I talked to Mancuso on 59S, they don't have any nc700x in stock. The Stubb Cycles on Telephone Rd told me they have a couple older model NC700X (non DCT) that they could give me a "good deal" on. Both of them are playing chicken with me when it comes to ordering 2016 model, it's like they don't want my money or something.

When I bought my 2015 last August, I was actually dead set on buying a bmw f800gt. Trouble was no dealer had one and none were interested in doing anything to get one. Happy with the NC700 and it's their loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my bike today! Rode it home from the dealer very carefully on the highway @ 60mph. It's cold here, 40F high today. Tires are Dunlop TrailMax and I'm testing out the brakes, ABS and swerving in an empty parking lot.

I put the centerstand and barkbusters hand guards on already. Tomorrow will do radiator guard and crash bars.

Got my bike today! Rode it home from the dealer very carefully on the highway @ 60mph. It's cold here, 40F high today. Tires are Dunlop TrailMax and I'm testing out the brakes, ABS and swerving in an empty parking lot.

I put the centerstand and barkbusters hand guards on already. Tomorrow will do radiator guard and crash bars.

Congratulations!

kudos

I'm jealous of all the cool add-ons you've added. I got my NC a few weeks ago, but had to spend my money on riding gear instead, because it'd been so long since I had a bike.

Congratulations on the new bike and good luck.

kudos

I'm jealous of all the cool add-ons you've added. I got my NC a few weeks ago, but had to spend my money on riding gear instead, because it'd been so long since I had a bike.

Thanks!

Last year I wanted to get the bike but could not afford it. Too much other stuff going on.

So over a year I bought gear on sale and from eBay, bit by bit as cash freed up. In winter I bought a lot of bolt ons and other stuff when it went on sale.

So far it's all fit the 2016. The barkbusters needed some tuning/extra washers, sanding etc.... as the throttle tube would stick when the bolts were all tightened.

Thanks!

Last year I wanted to get the bike but could not afford it. Too much other stuff going on.

So over a year I bought gear on sale and from eBay, bit by bit as cash freed up. In winter I bought a lot of bolt ons and other stuff when it went on sale.

So far it's all fit the 2016. The barkbusters needed some tuning/extra washers, sanding etc.... as the throttle tube would stick when the bolts were all tightened.

Sounds like you are better at planning than me. Getting yourself and the bike geared up the way you want is fun. I like the way you did it...a little here, a little there.

Sounds like you are better at planning than me. Getting yourself and the bike geared up the way you want is fun. I like the way you did it...a little here, a little there.

Yah I knew this is the bike I wanted, just had to wait! I can safely say now that all the standard protection farkels for the 2012-2015 models fit the 2016.

Back