• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Need a Quick Answer Please.

I think it's unfair to assume that people waiting for the 750x simply want the bigger bore and extra 5 hp. And, I definitely wouldn't trust a stealership salesman telling me it will be 4-5 years before the US sees the 750x either, he doesn't know that, he wants your sale. The new model has taller gearing, remapped fuel delivery, a second balancer shaft, a new exhaust, a gear indicator, and it's supposed to get better fuel economy. I personally think it's worth the wait. Honda has already made the risk of bringing a fuel efficient, low revving, practical motorcycle to the US market, so I think the 750x will come stateside soon. That's just my opinion, but I already have a bike that I'm happy with, and am in no rush to replace it, so I'll wait to see what happens later this year as Honda start's announcing their 2015 lineup.

Too bad the dealership in Winchester, VA closed. I did a test ride there then bought from them on a fly and ride. Gave my business to the dealer 650 miles away that let me do a test ride.

That's where I got my bike, granted it is only 15 miles away from me. Sad thing is it shut down due to the owner getting a divorce not because of sales.

Honda are bound to say this and that is better blah blah.
perhaps so but I honestly can't see it is going to set the world a light 5 bhp?
ok it might be a little smoother ,as for more mpg that all depend on the rider,condition's and if he or she is much larger or smaller than the average person.
we see the differences on the 700 models some are getting as low as 48 mpg whilst others are getting 80 plus.
I average just over 70 UK mpg.
don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the 750 but if I had the choice at the time then I would probably gone for the 750.
but if there is a discount on the 700 like there was on mine then I'd go for that.
as for how long you guys have to wait for the 750?? Honda seem to keep things close to their chest.
they will more than likely off load most the 700 on USA soil as more of these bikes are sold across the EU countries.
I could be wrong but that is my guess.
they were still selling bikes in the USA that we no longer could buy even 2 years after.

I was at the dealer in Macon, GA yesterday. They still have a 2012 NC700X on the floor with side cases. They have never sold an NC and would probably make a deal on this on sitting there for 2 years.

I'd be surprised if Honda kept making both models simultaneously for several years. Probably the 700 will disappear once existing parts are used up, and Honda is zipping their lip about it so as not to Osborne the 700 while they've still got stock to clear.

I have an Osborne in the back of a closet at home.

Thank you all for the overwhelming responses to this thread!

Even though I missed my tentative plans to meet with the dealer to look at and discuss the NC700X DCT, they seem to be understanding of my need to flush out the facts regarding the US arrival of the NC750X DCT.

We're all different, but I know I would kick myself in the bu## if I had only waited a few months for the newer model.

Why buy new? It's expensive to always have the latest. Get a used 2012 NC700X for far less $ and start riding it. Don't worry about the 750 until the used market is flooded with them when the 800 comes out.

I just picked up a new 2012 700SA in January. The 750s had already been confirmed for Canada, but the dealer had a 700 sitting for 2 years and waived the PDI/freight charges and Honda Canada had an $1800 discount. That made the 2012 the bike for me. :D

I was at the dealer in Macon, GA yesterday. They still have a 2012 NC700X on the floor with side cases. They have never sold an NC and would probably make a deal on this on sitting there for 2 years.

I just bought my first NC700X two days ago. I got the only 2012 left I could find in my area of Washington. I don't know if it was a screaming deal or not, but it was better than anything else I could find on an NC, and used ones have been hard to come by. Ended up at $7,889 out the door non-DCT and no hard cases ($6500 before all the fees/taxes). The best deal I could find anywhere for a 2013 was $8,700 out the door for a basic non-DCT with no hard cases ($7,500 before fees/taxes).

I just picked up a new 2012 700SA in January. The 750s had already been confirmed for Canada, but the dealer had a 700 sitting for 2 years and waived the PDI/freight charges and Honda Canada had an $1800 discount. That made the 2012 the bike for me. :D
That sounds like a pretty good deal.

I'm pretty sure that if I do buy the 2014 NC700X DCT, that I'll be required to pay MSRP + freight and/or other miscellaneous charges. Since I'm definitely stuck on getting a DCT, used ones or new, previous years, are almost nonexistent around here. The only other DCT I've ever seen is a CTX700.

That sounds like a pretty good deal.

I'm pretty sure that if I do buy the 2014 NC700X DCT, that I'll be required to pay MSRP + freight and/or other miscellaneous charges. Since I'm definitely stuck on getting a DCT, used ones or new, previous years, are almost nonexistent around here. The only other DCT I've ever seen is a CTX700.

There are a few around if you are willing to do a fly and ride. I know last year when I was shopping for a DCT Brookhaven Honda in Misssissippi and Chatanooga Tennessee Honda were both giving good discounts. I bought mine 650 miles away in Winchester, VA and somehow had 2,300 miles on it getting home through the mountains. It was an awesome start to ownership.

Back