• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ideas for Honda OEM saddlebags

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm heading out in July for a two week trip to Nova Scotia on the NC(Cant wait!). I just installed the full compliment of Honda hard bags. Seems no one produces liners for these saddlebags. Does anyone have any ideas for me on a possible solution? I'm going to need every square inch(Cm for you metric hosers) storage on this bike.

I really don't want to remove the bags at each hotel stop as I'm sure they will be more likely to be scratched that way opposed to remaining on bike so I would like to carry in the contents of the bags each night.

I have a set of the Goldwing liners. They (of course) don't fit exactly, but if you pack it just right , to accommodate the curves of the NC bag - it's better than nothing...
If you want- I can lend you the liners for your trip.

Wow Lenny, that is extremely generous of you!! The shipping to and from doesn't make this practical. You do however make me think that I should just pick up an inexpensive pair that will contort to the NC bag shape.

I have a set of the Goldwing liners. They (of course) don't fit exactly, but if you pack it just right , to accommodate the curves of the NC bag - it's better than nothing...
If you want- I can lend you the liners for your trip.

Craig, I had these very liners before when I had my VFR(wished I kept the liners now!) and they dont hold their shape when empty. The photo provided clearly has them filled to demonstrate shape. They are a soft canvas-type material. I may go with this option as the ones from Japan are expensive and I havent found them in the US.

I like the look and the price, but that they hold their shape when empty tells me they would have to be a very close fit to the NC sidecases.
I think you should order some and report back to us!!! :cool:

These where the Liners I had for the VFR.

I think I misunderstood what I read in the description. I guess what they mean is the plastic tubing that outlines the bags will hold it's shape.
I still say you should be the guinea pig and order the VFR liners!!! Take pics and report back!

Got my VFR bags

OK I got another set of VFR bags. I had these same Bestem liners when I had my VFR but sadly let them go when I sold the VFR last year. They were such good quality and the shape of the NC honda bags are similar so I decided to get them for my trip since no one makes a custom bag for the NC.

I can report that the general shape(profile) is close to perfect. The side profile of the NC case is the same as the VFR case. Whats different of course is the unusual depth contours of the NC. The liners can be packed deep(wide?). Too wide for the relatively narrow NC cases. I did a test and packed a liner with three jumbo bath towels and four smaller towels and they filled the liner nicely. I was able to fit them in the case but took a little pressing. Now I know, when I pack for real I know the area of the liner than I should pack thin. Overall, I recommend these Bestem VFR bags for the NC Honda cases with the caveat that you won't be able to stuff the liners to the hilt and expect them to fit in the NC case.

Flat liner to demonstrate shape:

Towels:

Towels loaded in Liner:

Loaded liner in Side case:

The case shut but was snug. I know when I load I need to load the front of the liner thin as this is the shallow section of the case.

Excellent update! Thanks for sharing Craig. Looking forward to pics and updates from your upcoming ride!

Please pardon my ignorance, but is the purpose of these bag liners to allow you to pull your contents out of the saddle bags without actually removing the saddle bags? Don't the saddle bags themselves come off and essentially turn into suitcases?

They do quicky release and can be carried as suit cases as you mention however, I am going touring for 2 weeks in Nova Scotia next month and don't want to carry the Pristine bags in and out of hotels every night risking scratches or damage. Safest place is to leave them attached to the bike.

Please pardon my ignorance, but is the purpose of these bag liners to allow you to pull your contents out of the saddle bags without actually removing the saddle bags? Don't the saddle bags themselves come off and essentially turn into suitcases?

They do quicky release and can be carried as suit cases as you mention however, I am going touring for 2 weeks in Nova Scotia next month and don't want to carry the Pristine bags in and out of hotels every night risking scratches or damage. Safest place is to leave them attached to the bike.

The bags on the bike also get pretty filthy and wet - carrying them into a hotel won't always make you very popular

Back