• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

If there was 1 thing you could change or tell Honda about the NC what would it be?

Not many are willing to spend more ..............

Just an observation .........the NT700 had many of these added futures like luggage, better brakes, shaft drive, better wind protection. These upgrades came at a price which made the bike a very poor seller in the US market and was discontinued.
Plus it was heavy and not as well supplied with farkles!

Another vote for a larger gas tank with BMW type filling access. Also having the 750 offered. (with a little more torque and better mileage?) These changes would not have raised the price much.
I wouldn't mind paying more for a better suspension to help with freeway jolts and electronic cruise control.

Amen, they could have made the fuel capacity one gallon more then we would be talking about a bike that can dependably get 290 miles out of a tank. Everything else that constitutes an improvement can be added but a fuel tank is not really a simple accessory to come by.

OH!!! - Those G**D*** Front Signals!!!! Can I please change those out without removing every piece of plastic on the side of the bike?????

Sorry, that's the only way to get to change them out. As modern motorcycles are getting more and plastic coverings.

No, that isn't the only way to do it. Go look at a BMW 800/1200 GS. Two externally accessible screws and the assembly comes off. You can change out the signal light assembly if you break it in about 10 minutes.

No, that isn't the only way to do it. Go look at a BMW 800/1200 GS. Two externally accessible screws and the assembly comes off. You can change out the signal light assembly if you break it in about 10 minutes.
Same for the bmw g650gs, remove 4 little screws and the whole assembly comes off, change them out lickety split.

could do without boring colours.
they've done it on the cb500's and integra.
as for integra we don't get these here..... just looked you can get them in this colour now but 750cc only

breveon1182.jpg

if the integra has the same storage space as the bike I would buy one.

Last edited:
German Designers and Engineers are more practical in their approach to things. While the Japanese Designers and Engineers are all about making it "Look Pretty" and using interlocking plastic pieces.

Some of the pieces that they use have me scratching my head in amazement and questioning the universe asking "WHY???".

We are trying to compare "Apples to Oranges" here.

Last edited:

My F800ST was for the most part pretty awesome as far as bodywork removal/install ease goes, simple external torx screws undone, and voila! out comes the headlight as an entire packaged unit, etc. The only real drawback was quick access to the wee little "storage" compartment under the fake fuel tank, which required 12 screws to undo before you could get your flat repair kit (space was about the size of two decks of cards side by side, molded into the top of the airbox- no room for a pump or anything of course)

There are *still* tabs and slots on my NCX that I can't get to fit in each other around the headlight/turnsignal area! It's driving me insane, lol. Every time I manage to get one part to line up, the other won't go in, auuuugh

German Designers and Engineers are more practical in their approach to things. While the Japanese Designers and Engineers are all about making it "Look Pretty" and using interlocking plastic pieces.

Some of the pieces that they use have me scratching my head in amazement and questioning the universe asking "WHY???".

We are trying to compare "Apples to Oranges" here.

I disagree about this being Apples and Oranges. If you look at both designs for the signals on the NCs and the 1200 GS, you will find them very similar as the front end of both bikes are very similar. The Germans just did a much better job of it and it isn't a costly improvement.

I disagree about this being Apples and Oranges. If you look at both designs for the signals on the NCs and the 1200 GS, you will find them very similar as the front end of both bikes are very similar. The Germans just did a much better job of it and it isn't a costly improvement.

The "Design Philosophies" are quite different from one another. In general, the Germans favor "Simplicity", while the Japanese favor "Complexity".

Here's what I am talking about. 4 Torx screws versus multiple plastic "Push to Release" fasteners that do not follow any industry standards that you cost you $3 each to replace.

Besides I rode both a BMW F800 and R1200R. I was not impressed by either of them.

Ride what you want for whatever reasons... :eek:

The "Design Philosophies" are quite different from one another. In general, the Germans favor "Simplicity", while the Japanese favor "Complexity".

Here's what I am talking about. 4 Torx screws versus multiple plastic "Push to Release" fasteners that do not follow any industry standards that you cost you $3 each to replace.

Besides I rode both a BMW F800 and R1200R. I was not impressed by either of them.

Ride what you want for whatever reasons... :eek:

Yes, I know the design philosophies are different. That is my whole point. For the front signals, which are fundamentally the same, BMW got it right and Honda got it wrong. I would like Honda to fix that.

Just for giggles, I called around to get a quote on labor to change a front signal. Quotes ranged from $95 - $250 plus tax in labor alone...to change a signal light assembly. Its bloody ridiculous.

Last edited:
Is this some sort of parallel universe I fallen through a worm hole to?

German......simple?

Japanese.....complex?

BMW.. (Break My Wallet, Bring More Wampum) inexpensive to repair?

Honda...expensive to repair?

My goodness, rock my world, everything is all topsy turvy?

Yes, I know the design philosophies are different. That is my whole point. For the front signals, which are fundamentally the same, BMW got it right and Honda got it wrong. I would like Honda to fix that.

Just for giggles, I called around to get a quote on labor to change a front signal. Quotes ranged from $95 - $250 plus tax in labor alone...to change a signal light assembly. Its bloody ridiculous.
BMW got a bit of a black eye when they went to a new turn signal switch design several years ago. Many of the switches quickly failed and the supplier could get keep up demand for OEM plus warranty replacements. My boss bought a K1600 that spring(2013????) and it took all summer to get his right hand switch pod replaced. A couple months into it he started complaining about losing the whole summer to riding his new bike. BMW offered him $1100 or $1200 in goodwill credit that he spent on a set of BMW accessory auxiliary lights. They come with a replacement left hand switch pod with the aux switch. When he finally got the bike out of the dealer the left hand pod promptly failed and it was back ordered out another two months! The whole thing stretched out from spring to fall. It would be comical except it was a $26,000 motorcycle with turn signals, lights, and starter switch that did not work.

Is this some sort of parallel universe I fallen through a worm hole to?

German......simple?

Japanese.....complex?

BMW.. (Break My Wallet, Bring More Wampum) inexpensive to repair?

Honda...expensive to repair?

My goodness, rock my world, everything is all topsy turvy?

I just want to be able to change my signal light assembly in a parking lot outside a dealership, using the tools on my bike, with a rainstorm on the horizon, and my wife texting me to get home for dinner. Is that so much to ask?

]

The auto and motorcycle industry I worked in the "push fasteners" were the standard and sized for the job they need to do:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back