• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Install Rox Anti-vibe Risers Help please

radiotinnitus

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought these risers after researching at Rox website and here at this forum. Rox site says these risers fit the NC700 with existing cables. Also, a discussion of these risers at this forum says they work and somebody said it only took 15 minutes to install. However, after disassembling the handlebars I found the brake cable is totally tight without any extra play at all. I don't see anyway of getting more slack without disassembling something somewhere to get more access to the brake line to see if I can free it up.

Anybody else have this issue or have any ideas for me? If it requires any major disassembly I'm giving up since I don't have confidence in my mechanical abilities beyond really basic stuff.

I want the anti-vibe for my carpel tunnel and tingling hands.

To install any of the 2" risers usually involves moving the brake hose clamp at the lower triple clamp. You can either loosen the bracket and install it at a different angle, or better yet, disassemble the clamp, break the grommet free from the brake hose, then reposition the grommet on the hose to gain some slack up top.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you have a DCT/Combined ABS. My notes above are for non-abs. Never mind!

Last edited:
Another thing that can help is to loosen the reservoir bolts and slide the entire reservoir unit toward the center of the bike. Just make sure you.. 1). Don't try to bring it too tightly onto the bend in the bar, and...2) Make sure you retighten the reservoir in as 'flat-topped' a position as possible.

Back