• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Involved in crash last night

Ridealot

Reaction score
Visit site
This is video from my accident that happened on my way home from work July 12th 2016. A car pulled out in front of me exiting from Riverbend Music Center.
As you can see I had not much time to react. I hit the rear driver side door and then proceeded to flip over the car and land street. Luckily it happened right in front of the sheriff deputies that were on duty for the concert that evening.

Luckily the deputies were there setting up for the concert, they quickly were able to calm me down and get help there right a way.

I went to the hospital and was released later that night. All x-rays and catscans came back negative for any internal injuries or broken bones. I need to call an othopedic person to have them look at me. I am in a ton of pain, espically my lower back and my legs. I cannot put alot of weight on my right leg at all

The motorcycle I think is in bad shape, have not really seen it yet, its been towed to storage

Edited to remove video link for now until some things settle out I will make available again soon

Last edited:
At least it wasn't worse. Sorry to hear and see this.

He should have seen you but you probably blended into into the background over the clutter of barricades blocking his full view of the road to his left.

Looks like you did a good job of grabbing the front brake right away. Although it didn't seem to slow you down much. But it's hard to tell on the video.

That was hard to watch. I'm glad you're relatively ok. High-vis yellow on (just like I wear) and the driver still misses you. Damn.

I hope your recovery is quick.

I hope you are feeling better soon. As in all accidents (especially accidents with video footage) everyone will ask, "What could I have done differently?" So let me throw this out there...

Do these barriers NEED to be there? They hinder your view of him and his view of you.

View attachment 30407

Those barriers were put after the crash, they closed the road down

This really sucks, I'm sorry. I'm glad you got it on video so there's no doubt as to fault. I run fore and aft cameras all the time for this reason.

I was just going to suggest not having the video up or making comments about it in a public forum until your medical/legal issues are sorted out.

Sorry to hear that.
The hell with rules and "unmanly appearance". I already have modulating headlight on high beam and I see positive reaction. Thinking to add bicycle LED strobe set, white and red light. They can last many hours on single battery. If they are visible from 100 feet in daylight that may give extra attention.

Sorry to see this thread. You have just convinced me to get at least one camera for my bike - so, some good has already come of it.
Hope you can all the way healed up.

Anyone have any suggestions of a good AND cheap...I mean , inexpensive camera?

Back