• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

It happened and here's the photo to prove it.

Congrats!

I've tried a couple aftermarket seats; the Shad and a custom-made Corbin. The Shad was great, at first, but ended up being too 'surface-soft' for me. I don't know how else to explain it. The Corbin is great, but it's MUCH HARDER than even the factory Honda seat. I would _not_ get an off-the-shelf one from them, because if it didn't just magically happen to be the right shape for me, it would be unbearable. I did a ride-in to their California store, and came back through a couple months and a few thousand miles later for minor adjustments. They have a Florida shop, too...

Good buy. I also have the 2013 Red/Black NC700x. Now with close to 27,000 miles on it (bought new). For the seat, I just use an airhawk pad-works well for a few hours of riding.

Well guys, I've got a few accessories on order. First mission - comfort as soon as possible. My buttocks seem to favor softer seats since my family DNA has a lack of padding on the buns, I went for the Shad Comfort seat since feedback mentioned it was softer than other brands and I can get the rider seat and the pinion seat for less money. If it doesn't work out, someone may get a bargain on a used seat in an Ebay auction after I have a local guy build me a custom seat for my and my lovely wife's rear ends. I've ordered a pair of cheap(ish) 30mm risers to see how some extra height will work for me. Finally, some foam (slide over) grip covers to add a bit of cushion and give me a larger diameter grip on the handlebars without having to buy new grips. If this doesn't take care of the elbow, wrist and shoulder ache then a change of handlebars may be in order. (I may go to a more classic street bike shape since I'm never taking this bike down anything that resembles dirt.)

Next mission after that is safety related items - getting me more visible than a little red speck in the distance at night. I'm thinking reflective tape on the saddle bags and top case or better yet more lighting (LED) in the back. I saw one set up here in the forum that had me envying his electrical wiring skills.

Hopefully, after that (and maybe looking at lowering the foot pegs for my long legs,) this bike will be "done." (Or can you ever say that?) ;)

I bought retro-reflective tape at the auto parts store and put it on my saddlebags and top case (I also have the Honda items). The tape I used is the stuff made to put on trailers and such, and is just a bit wider than the flat-ish surfaces where the saddlebags and top case come together when closed. It works very well!

Yesterday I ordered some 3" wide 3M and the components to do the brake and tail light mods to the top case that Panzuur did in another thread. I showed his video to my wife and she was excited about how radically the visibility from the rear was increased. I guess she wants to keep this crazy old man around.

So what will be left to do? Aux lights for looking ahead and visibility to approaching cars, crash bars and lowering the the front pegs to give me a little less angle at my ankle. After that, I think that, other than cosmetic tweaks, this bike will be "done."

If visibility is important to you then you might want to consider your gear choices. Your helmet is black which looks great, but does nothing to increase your visibility from the rear. You are not wearing your jacket in the photos so I don't know what color it is but your shoulders rise above your top box so a hi-viz jacket or vest would add lots of extra visible area.

My bike is silver so unfortunately all my yellow gear clashes with the bike color and you would have the same issue with the red.

Yesterday I ordered some 3" wide 3M and the components to do the brake and tail light mods to the top case that Panzuur did in another thread. I showed his video to my wife and she was excited about how radically the visibility from the rear was increased. I guess she wants to keep this crazy old man around.

So what will be left to do? Aux lights for looking ahead and visibility to approaching cars, crash bars and lowering the the front pegs to give me a little less angle at my ankle. After that, I think that, other than cosmetic tweaks, this bike will be "done."

+1 on wearing hi viz gear if visibility is your goal. When I'm out on the road I barely can see other riders who are wearing black. Cage drivers probably don't even notice that they're there.

I wear a hi viz helmet and jacket.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Great News. That should take about 15 minutes to do. There's 2 10 mm bolts at the back of the front seat, they will be visible once you open up the rear seat section.
It would take anyone but me, fifteen minutes. I seem to always read the instructions after I finish the job. That's when I discovered that I failed to install any of the rubber bumpers on the new seats. :d

So, I had to disassemble and start over again.

I also learned that anything you drop when the pinion seat is up, will fall into a black hole never to be seen again. If I could go back in time, I would advise myself to put a towel over the gas tank compartment to catch the stray sockets, washers and bushings that I might drop.

Back