• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

It's time to undo mods.

lootzyan

Reaction score
Visit site
My season practically ended. It's good time to start to undo modifications (un-mods?), remove all make-ups and glitter and go back to untouched beauty.
First and my most functional to undo - left hand rear brake. That required to remove most of plastic parts to get to ABS modulator. And it's most time consuming.
Installing original master cylinder, connecting and adjusting pedal and brake light switch, swapping brake hose with brake line at modulator, un-bubbling brake fluid, remove hand master cylinder (served so well), move parking brake lever back to original position, put back frunk, cowls and covers. All it took from midday to late evening.
On the end it turned out that there is no room for left hand Trackside handguard. So I'm gonna hold my left hand in a pocket, more often.
In next couple of days I'm going to remove Givi monorack with monolock plate, highway pegs, Givi engine guards, handlebar risers.
Later, headlights and brake light modulators. And on the end: reinstall original suspension links and side stand, and remove centerstand.
Windshield will be last to replace. I can't remove Honda's fairing air deflectors and lower wind deflectors. They are glued permanently.
Next: sell or trade it or...have a first garage queen. Mothball it and keep it for grandson.

feeling too old or fed up?

Oh no, far from it. Just know my limits, sometimes (and I don't have to be a genius to recognize it).
I'm not going anywhere. Probably I'll switch to something more appropriate. I have 150 cc scooter. Perfect for bringing some beer or small shopping. I bought m/c mainly for one reason. To go with my wife further than local shopping or state park. When I learned about new NC DCT in 2012, I fell into a buying frenzy (and no limits ;)). From the beginning I knew that this bike is too tall and too heavy for me. But for three years I tried to adapt and I forgot my main reason I got it. Couple of times, riding solo or two-up, I've been close to losing balance. My wife didn't even noticed. Center of gravity way too high for safe maneuvering and lack of adequate leverage. In 99.9 percent of situations I was o.k. But if only one time on one thousand something would happen... that's too many times for me.
I want to stay with DCT. At this moment here I have only one choice - CTX700. I really like 2015 CTX700ND - silver fox, like me.

View attachment 27200

just finished undoing all the mods on my big Guzzi. It is so uncomfortable with stock saddle, bars, controls, etc I cant stand to ride it.

just finished undoing all the mods on my big Guzzi. It is so uncomfortable with stock saddle, bars, controls, etc I cant stand to ride it.

What Guzzi do you have?

To the OP: I have been toying with the idea of adding a CTX 700 to the flock, I really like this bike. The other contenders are one of Big Red's 500's or another Guzzi, a V7. The NC taught me I can be really, really happy with a bike that "only" has real world power output.

Good luck, great looking bike. I've met a couple of people here in VT that were riding the CTXD. Both had moved up from much smaller scooters, both loved the bike. I saw a couple two up on one in New York City, it was their first bike and they seemed very happy with it.

Back