• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I've got a happy butt!!

63surf

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got the opportunity to sit on an nc700x today. I drove a little further out to a Honda dealership in New Braunfels, Texas who had one in stock. Before today, I'd only seen this bike in pictures and a DCT still in the crate from a distance at another dealership. This one was a 6 speed, (what I want), on the showroom floor, just calling out to me. Man, my hands were all over that bike like a teenager with a drunk cheerleader! ;) It is UNCANNY how perfect this bike fits me, (5'11", 190lbs, 32" inseam). I swear...Honda engineers must be psychics, because this bike truely feels custom made for me.
The fit and finish is exceptional. Everything feels so right on this bike. I paid particular attention to how the seat felt and me and my boys felt particularly comfortable. I'm sure the comfort in the showroom may be a bit different from the comfort on the road, though.
Talked briefly with the sales guy. I explained to him that I'm not prepared to make a deal until after the first of the year, but if he could give me a lower OTD price than the last dealer I spoke with a couple of weeks ago, I'd give him my business.
The last guy wanted $8500 total OTD. This dealer quoted me $8080 total OTD. Ok...he'll for sure get my business.
The New Braunfels dealer is about 35 miles from the house, (twice as far as the last guy), but after just 10 miles on a state highway, the rest of the way home will on a nice, quiet, farm to market back road. Perfect!
This will be the first bike for me and I can hardly wait!

I thought he may have put a Day long seat on his NCX.

Wait until 63surf does a full day in the saddle of the NCX.

Sore bottoms happen when soft tissue becomes irritated. It's not permanent but it can be bothersome. Also referred to as saddle sore, the affliction affects almost everyone who rides a NCX. The easiest way to remedy a sore butt is to get back on the bike and ride. Even experienced NCX's get sore bottoms after a long ride.

happybutt.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got the opportunity to sit on an nc700x today. I drove a little further out to a Honda dealership in New Braunfels, Texas who had one in stock. Before today, I'd only seen this bike in pictures and a DCT still in the crate from a distance at another dealership. This one was a 6 speed, (what I want), on the showroom floor, just calling out to me. Man, my hands were all over that bike like a teenager with a drunk cheerleader! ;) It is UNCANNY how perfect this bike fits me, (5'11", 190lbs, 32" inseam). I swear...Honda engineers must be psychics, because this bike truely feels custom made for me.
The fit and finish is exceptional. Everything feels so right on this bike. I paid particular attention to how the seat felt and me and my boys felt particularly comfortable. I'm sure the comfort in the showroom may be a bit different from the comfort on the road, though.
Talked briefly with the sales guy. I explained to him that I'm not prepared to make a deal until after the first of the year, but if he could give me a lower OTD price than the last dealer I spoke with a couple of weeks ago, I'd give him my business.
The last guy wanted $8500 total OTD. This dealer quoted me $8080 total OTD. Ok...he'll for sure get my business.
The New Braunfels dealer is about 35 miles from the house, (twice as far as the last guy), but after just 10 miles on a state highway, the rest of the way home will on a nice, quiet, farm to market back road. Perfect!
This will be the first bike for me and I can hardly wait!

63surf, welcome to Team Honda. Do keep us apprised of your progress...

Back