• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Join FUELLY!!!

I signed up for both my CRV and NC700x. To bad I fueled up 2 days ago.

I believe you can retroactively post any past fuel up as far back as you wish. Just select the date the fuel up was made.

Greg

I started using Fuelly, but it asked for starting odometer reading (which for me was not zero), and seemed to calculated the MPG way off from there. I reset my trip meter to zero at fill up, and record miles on the next fill up receipt and can calculate from there, but Fuelly doesn't seem to work that way? Or at least for me it doesn't.
Is there a way to re-set all the data and start from scratch? Not sure what I am doing on it I guess :)

Just joined and put the S on, but I'm afraid to track the numbers on my 7.3PSD.....
Filled up the bike today and got 3.6l/100km, or 64mpg. Not sure if that's standard or US gallons though...

once you log into Fuelly, you can go to "Settings" on the left menu bar and update the Display Unit. If you prefer standard over US gallon, you may choose it here.

How fast are you 70mpg'ers riding on the freeway? I only got 70 once, but usually am at 63mpg or so at 65-70mph. All freeway each tank.

HA, I hadn't realized that my overall average just hit 70MPG! It has steadily improved since last Oct when I got the bike. Around March/April, when weather warms (plus summer gas), I started to get low 70s. It's fantastic!

I commute 40 miles a day, 32 miles on the freeway and 8 miles local. Getting good mileage is a little game that I do while commuting. This is what I typically do:

- short shift: with traffic, I shift as early as 2500RPM, except from 5th to 6th. Without traffic, I shift at 3000
- ease on the throttle: the more you open up the throttle for rapid acceleration, you burn more gas. Here's an engineering formula. Power=Work/Time. If you want to move from point A to point B (the work done) in a shorter time, it requires more Power (burn more gas).
- don't speed: I remain 60-65 MPH on freeway. With traffic (usually is the case in Seattle), I can only go 50-60 at the fastest. So that works in my favor. Once you are in 6th gear, it really doesn't matter how fast you go, you still burn the same amount the gas over the same distance, EXCEPT you fight a lot higher wind resistance at higher speed. And it burns more gas to over come the wind resistance. So it really pays to go slower
- braking wastes your kinetic energy. Think ahead with your throttle and braking. Avoid excessive change in speed.

I've gotten as high as 74 but that's the limit for the type of commuting that I do. I think I can get up to upper 70s if I were in a country road and do 45-50 the whole way.

I started using Fuelly, but it asked for starting odometer reading (which for me was not zero), and seemed to calculated the MPG way off from there. I reset my trip meter to zero at fill up, and record miles on the next fill up receipt and can calculate from there, but Fuelly doesn't seem to work that way? Or at least for me it doesn't.
Is there a way to re-set all the data and start from scratch? Not sure what I am doing on it I guess :)

I just signed up for Fuelly (although I have yet to fill up even once) and you can set your account to track using either your odometer or trip meter, so you probably just need to change your profile settings.

If I lived in the United Kingdom I would be know as a ton-up boy. You do not want me included in any type or form of miles per gallon records.

My DCT is in a separate category, so I can't help. Sorry.

Yeah, it's silly how far they break it out. The DCT makes sense but.... the ABS model?

Right now, Fuelly lists --

NC700X - 228
NC700XD - 42
NC700XA - 47

Total - 317

We'll break into the top 10 in no time.... if we added all the different models together, we'd be #6, about to be #5. I think it's safe to say NC owner's have an eye on economy.

trey

Honda NC700X MPG Reports | Fuelly
Yeah, it's silly how far they break it out. The DCT makes sense but.... the ABS model?

Right now, Fuelly lists --

NC700X - 228
NC700XD - 42
NC700XA - 47

Total - 317

We'll break into the top 10 in no time.... if we added all the different models together, we'd be #6, about to be #5. I think it's safe to say NC owner's have an eye on economy.

trey

Dont forget about the lone 2011 NC700X there. ;) The owner doesn't seem to be riding much, though . . .

Honda NC700X MPG Reports | Fuelly

Greg

Great job! as of 9:55PM Pacific time on 8/22, NCX is at 230 while the ZX-6R sits at #10 with 231. Pretty remarkable for the NCX though. In just over 1 year, we are just about to crack top 10 on Fuelly. The CBR250R is running away with #1 after 2 years, beating the Ninja250, which has been around for 20+ years.

Are we a bunch of penny pinchers, or what? LOL

Fuelly is a great resource where prospective shoppers can find out what real owner's get for fuel economy. Honda has made a major commitment to offering the world fun, affordable, and green transportation with their scooters, 250, 500, and 700 families of motorcycles. Featuring O2 sensors, cats, and impressive fuel economy. Log your economy on Fuelly (or Spirit Monitor) to help promote these great, all around machines and help convince more people in the western world to park their gas guzzler and get on two wheels.
Spread the word.

I just joined. NC700's are #10 now!! 237 NC's on there.

We were in and out of the top ten for a while... I think we are there solid now.

Quick look through the top 10 as far as mileage goes (cause the top ten is based on quantity of bikes, not quality of milage) we'd be around #4, behind the Honda PCX the Genuine Buddy 125, and the CBR250r. (I'd put us ahead of the Ninja 250R)

Not too shabby to compete with bikes/scooters when we have somewhere between 2.5 to 5 times the displacement. Considering that not all of them can even ride on the freeway, and the rest can't do it comfortably.

Though my wife has talked about getting a scooter and thanks to fuelly I'm pushing for a used PCX (I figure if she has a top speed that is half of mine, she deserves to get almost twice the gas milage, however a ural is still on the considerations because thinks the dog would love riding in a sidecar.)

I actually used fuelly at work the other day when a coworker who rides a klr650 was claiming something like 60 mpg.... I called bullshit, pulled up fuelly for a comparison of our two bikes... fuelly topps out for his bike at 57, the worst NC is getting 53... meaning on his bikes best day, and my NCs worst day he could beat me in MPG, but on a normal day I'm getting 20-30 mpg better than he is.

Back