• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just bought some side wind deflectors

Blackrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the upper wind deflectors that are like $80. Thinking they
would keep some of the wind off my knees on the colder days.

They are very small and I don't really notice that much of a difference.
Perhaps they need to be bigger?

I bought the upper wind deflectors that are like $80. Thinking they
would keep some of the wind off my knees on the colder days.

They are very small and I don't really notice that much of a difference.
Perhaps they need to be bigger?

photo? is there a photo? Even a link.... that would be easy.

assuming OP is talking about OEM
08R70-MGS-A30.jpg

2012 NC700X Accessories - Honda Genuine Accessories - Honda Powersports

imo-close to useless

like i said on my other post-i would rather buy a givi crash bars and put something on front tube. i will try that some day (when i got some extra money and time)

OP-try something like skiing pants on top of regular. something that wind can't get through. it might solve your problem. i love my $15 solution from marshals

well it looks good... that's true, but it seems kind of... small for its assigned duty. I remember Beemerphile made deflectors out of clear polycarbonate sheets, but I'm at a loss to find his article... I'll go look again.

well it looks good... that's true, but it seems kind of... small for its assigned duty. I remember Beemerphile made deflectors out of clear polycarbonate sheets, but I'm at a loss to find his article... I'll go look again.

yep. for this kind of money i would expect something like this-

BMW%20F800GS%20Adventure%2013%20%208.jpg

seriously. it's a piece of stamped plastic. takes a second to produce. $89? **** that

Beemerphile made some custom wind deflectors that really look like they would do the job. He posted a pic, but he has so many posts I am not sure I could find it again.

The Honda deflectors do help a little... they mainly move the wind over so it hits just on the outside of the bone running down your leg. Without the deflectors the wind goes aroudn both sides of your leg. I would rather have them, than not in the rain... but they only help keep you a little drier on the inside of your leg. Riding in the cold, I am sure makes the most difference as any reduction in wind would result in less chill.

The lower ones do a similar service to your feet. They do look kinda nice... and like I said, I'd rather have them than not have them if there are no other options. I am not good at fabricating things so they are my only choice. My philosophy on accessories is how much will I use them over the life of the bike? Over the life of the bike are they worth it? Since I buy allot of accessories, and intend to ride a great deal of miles, the answer is yes most of the time to that question.

I did however get them at 25% off when Rocky Mount ATV was doing their 25% off OEM parts sale a while back. That and free shipping made the pain a little less intense.

Attachments

• smileyconsider.jpg
    smileyconsider.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,121
Last edited:
Honda should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe the aftermarket will step in and make something that works and is 1/3 the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

On the contrary, Honda should be proud of themselves for producing and selling an accessory with such a huge profit margin. Profit being their only reason for existence.

Greg

My NC came with the upper and lower deflectors installed. I have to ride my Dad's naked NC next time I'm in Tx. to note the differences.

Reading this thread reminded me of the aftermarket deflectors on my old Goldwing 1800. They were one of the highlights of Wing ownership. They were hinged so you could block the wind, or change the angle and direct the breeze on you torso. Good for Hot and Cold days.

For anyone else looking to improve wind protection I would say have a go and make some of these deflectors - I did so a couple of weeks ago - just followed Beemerphiles excellent detailed description of the process and am delighted at the result, great additional protection for very little outlay.
IMG_3811++.jpg

I had a ride to work and back with temps at around 40 degrees. They seem to help but I still
get some wind on my legs. I agree, not worth the money they charge but I had
like $35 store credit to use and a $5 coupon. So I went for it.

One thing though, they only give you two push pins and one of mine failed to
operate correctly. And there is no part number for them so my dealership is
going to try to get one direct from Honda for me.

Last edited:
When I have more time-i'm going to make my own out of fiberglass or carbon fiber.kind of like on bmw on pic above

Good idea to make such deflectors. You fixed them only with handlebar clams? Is this enough to be stabile at high speed? And what are results after 1 year of use? Thanks.

For anyone else looking to improve wind protection I would say have a go and make some of these deflectors - I did so a couple of weeks ago - just followed Beemerphiles excellent detailed description of the process and am delighted at the result, great additional protection for very little outlay.
View attachment 9251
Great job! I will do the same one day. Be sure to thank Beemerphile for Helping this forum so much! I thought a lot about this mod on my commute today. The temps was 16 degrees F and 17 degrees on my ride.

I bought the Honda deflectors a while back but have been to busy/lazy to install them. I don't see them doing much but if the lowers can deflect the wind off my ankles (I wear ankle socks) I'd be happy. My suit does a good job of keeping me knees warm down to 20F. I'm not so sure the upper deflector will push the wind off my knees. I may try to install them before the end of February

Back