• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

just got my 16000 ml check up

He didn't say the plugs failed, only that they were changed.

I think that's what he was insinuating; that there would be no reason other than some kind of failure, for the plugs needing to be changed. ie: the mechanic performed an unnecessary service, which by the cost of the OEM plugs for these things, is quite an expensive waste of money :eek: Adding to that, if one job was done incorrectly, what others were also possibly fudged a bit?

Working on your bike is part of the motorcycle experience, unless you're a "yuppie" who will last about a year and then sell their bike on Craigslist with almost no miles on it.

It's not quite so black and white though. You have a garage, or carport, and tools/electricity etc., to work on your bikes and cars, I guess?

My garage is a 2' x 6' patch of muddy grass with no cover, between my landlord's house and the place next door, and no electrical power nearby.

As I age, my enthusiasm for coping with these kinds of conditions appears to be dwindling, lol

It's not quite so black and white though. You have a garage, or carport, and tools/electricity etc., to work on your bikes and cars, I guess?

My garage is a 2' x 6' patch of muddy grass with no cover, between my landlord's house and the place next door, and no electrical power nearby.

As I age, my enthusiasm for coping with these kinds of conditions appears to be dwindling, lol

This is a big issue. I've got a carport but not a ton of Japanese motorcycle tools. So I can easily do the oil, add most farkles, etc. , but I also highly value my time and at this point in my career I'm willing to "trade gold for time." I naturally want to understand how anything I have works so I can (hopefully) distinguish between a Holy S**t problem and a run of the mill one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did it cost you money to fix this issue?
With that low a mileage, was it not covered by the bike's warranty??

Not speaking for Happy, but I think his warranty is several years past now. He just didn't accumulate a lot of miles.

Same with me. Mine is a 2012, but I don't commute on it, (I have another motorcycle for that) and I only occasionally ride it every once in a while on a weekend when I'm not too busy, or a couple times a year on a trip. I have even less mileage on mine than he does.

Not speaking for Happy, but I think his warranty is several years past now. He just didn't accumulate a lot of miles.

Same with me. Mine is a 2012, but I don't commute on it, (I have another motorcycle for that) and I only occasionally ride it every once in a while on a weekend when I'm not too busy, or a couple times a year on a trip. I have even less mileage on mine than he does.

I have had mine for a little under 2 months and I've put a little over 4000 miles on it. I ride to work 25 miles every day and sometimes just get on and go for 5-8 hours at a time whenever - after work, on the weekends, etc... No problem riding in the dark or the rain. Everything seems to be okay, inspected / measured / lubed the chain and washed it all at 3000 miles.

Tire changing is not a feat of strength, it is technique. One cannot replace the other. Lots of lube and making sure that the opposite side is in the well of the wheel are key. So is having the wheel clamped so that it cannot move around on you and the disc is protected. But then, some tires are just a pain to mount. I got tired of fighting a tubed Michelin Pilot Activ on my son's BMW R75 and took it to a friend with a Coats RC-100. Presto change-o.

I agree with you for the most part. I didn't see any major flaws in my method. This was my first and last (unless I am stranded somewhere) tire change. I followed all of the instructions of various folks on youtube. I didn't have long enough zip ties to try that method. I just got back from my local motorcycle installer and they charge $30 per tire to remove old tire and mount and balance new one. That's a decent price for all the back and knee pain that I am suffering through today.

What means "wushy"?
I was told the plugs are iridium and they lasts 45000km.

My NC700X was also checked thoroughly and I got her back yesterday. 15500km.

Timing chain and tensioner broke last week and that was extra 800chf.

Sent from my LG-D955 using Tapatalk

I'm still surprised about timing chain and tensioner breaking. I am also surprised that Honda didn't help out at all either. I've always had great experiences with my Honda/Acura cars where Honda footed the bill if something broke before it's typical service life. You should still write a letter or e-mail asking them for help because maybe your dealer didn't really try that hard in dealing with Honda. They don't have much of incentive to have Honda pay for it either because warranty/goodwill work isn't as profitable for the dealer and it requires a lot of paperwork. At least that's what I have heard here in California.

I'm still surprised about timing chain and tensioner breaking. I am also surprised that Honda didn't help out at all either. I've always had great experiences with my Honda/Acura cars where Honda footed the bill if something broke before it's typical service life. You should still write a letter or e-mail asking them for help because maybe your dealer didn't really try that hard in dealing with Honda. They don't have much of incentive to have Honda pay for it either because warranty/goodwill work isn't as profitable for the dealer and it requires a lot of paperwork. At least that's what I have heard here in California.

The story has not yet ended.
The Honda garage owner promised to talk to Honda Swiss.
While many people may dismiss the reality of this talking, I do hold some faith that he will actually try.
Swiss shop owners are usually men of their word. He didn't promise a free fix but he said he will try.
Nothing is set in stone yet. I may still get a big bill.
We wait and see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember we joined this forum at around the same time the first NC came out.
I bought mine early too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Working on your bike is part of the motorcycle experience, unless you're a "yuppie" who will last about a year and then sell their bike on Craigslist with almost no miles on it.[/QUOTE

Smells like trolling season. You have a permit for that sonny?

Back