• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lights, and exhaust

Kurt700x

Reaction score
Visit site
Exhaust pipe was damaged in an accident, was looking for replacements when I came across this. Anyone used one or seen one used before? It looks pretty cool, but I don't want it sound like a fart machine. Haha.

Also, I'm going to buy a light bar once the bikes repaired, and I was wondering what the best and brightest lights I should put on the bar. What are you guys using and how affective is it for having people see you at night?

LED conversion? Thoughts?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 421
Exhaust pipe was damaged in an accident, was looking for replacements when I came across this. Anyone used one or seen one used before? It looks pretty cool, but I don't want it sound like a fart machine. Haha.

Also, I'm going to buy a light bar once the bikes repaired, and I was wondering what the best and brightest lights I should put on the bar. What are you guys using and how affective is it for having people see you at night?

LED conversion? Thoughts?
The shorty exhaust like that don't muffle the exhaust much so it's probably a bit loud and it'll most likely sound similar to having no pipe on at all, not a bad sound in my opinion. I had a small slip on I installed awhile back and it sounded like a mild version of my old XR600 thumper, I put my stock pipe back on but I'm thinking I've reinstalling the aftermarket pipe sometime this winter.
I've got cheap LED lights so not the best but I would defiantly recommend more lighting, seeing better and being seen better is always a good thing.
Look around on the forum lots of recommendations for both and other light upgrades

Thank you sir! That was very helpful. I am thinking its probably a good idea to go through with the shorty pipe. Definitely would rather be heard, and sound a little obnoxious, rather than to not be heard that one time that could cost you big time

So you have the usual triangle of quality (however you personally want to define that), cost, and usually time on the 3rd side and you only get to pick 2/3. In this instance you only care about the two sides of cost/quality and you're probably defining quality that which encompasses brightness and build, ease of installation, support etc. The gold standard is probably the Denali brand, although there are others too that are similar in quality, design and close to them in price. Then there's a whole host of less expensive options out there. Searching the forums will give you thread after thread after thread of options and examples. Ask me how I know!! I've spent quite a few hours over the past week or two deliberating on what to go with.

I've settled on the Denali D2's that I will mount to my existing light bar, and then I'm also going to mount DM's down low on the front fender, hopefully at the hub level, else at the top of the wheel level. I'm opting for the amber lenses on the DM's for fog/rain and hopefully to even further improve my visibility to others; and in both sets of lights I will use the flood light lens on the one side (closest to edge of road) and the spot lens on the other (closest to center of road). This should give me a good hybrid of light throw distance, side-side coverage & visibility. As I don't care about independent control of the 2 light sets but do want high/low I also got a Y splitter and a single controller that works with my high beam.

I bought the D2's as the kit option to give me all of the main parts including a waterproof switch on the handlebars so I can turn them all off if desired (for example trying to start with a low battery?), and then added the DM's as individual pods as I didn't need all of the extra parts in the kit as it would just duplicate the D2 kit, saving about $75 in the process. I only just ordered everything so I can't yet post installation notes/pictures or what they look like in the day/night.

To balance it all out I got an Admore light bar for the rear to improve my visibility to those behind me.

And I'm considering putting in the LED option to my existing Kobra handguards. This will add another layer of amber, plus they're high and wide which makes my front light triangle all the bigger.

I will probably replace the stock headlight with an LED too as there are some good options there and it will counter some of the additional draw on the battery from the extra lights.

Cheap? Heck no. Best? Probably one of the top options, but you can look at the alternatives and decide for yourself.

I have a Danmoto 'carbon' slipon with the optional baffle. Sounds great and weighs 10# less than stock. But -
my gf lamented that the exhaust noise is tiring and I put the stock back on. Now I sound like a sewing machine again.
Might sell it. Was $150 plus I think $30 for the baffle. Here's an eBay link:
GP Carbon Exhaust Honda NC 700 / 750 X/S DCT 12-17 2012-2017 EX476

I have a Danmoto 'carbon' slipon with the optional baffle. Sounds great and weighs 10# less than stock. But -
my gf lamented that the exhaust noise is tiring and I put the stock back on. Now I sound like a sewing machine again.
Might sell it. Was $150 plus I think $30 for the baffle. Here's an eBay link:
GP Carbon Exhaust Honda NC 700 / 750 X/S DCT 12-17 2012-2017 EX476

YES! I'll take it. Never bought anything off eBay, so ill have to figure out how to buy it. Unless of course, you're not selling it through eBay. Lol

I put a DanMoto on mine and have been nothinh but happy. Not overly loud and no "rolling fart" noise. LED running lights were the best thing Ive done for visibility.

Back