• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for a bit of advice here

buckshot

Reaction score
Visit site
Y'all seem to be a level headed bunch of folks, so I thought I might come to you with this. Very early in the year my girlfriend's mom traded in the deadbeat she was living with for a better model. I never liked the guy from the start, and as much as I hate to see family units break up, this break-up didn't bother me one bit.
Fast forward to mid May. The exhaust on my girlfriend's car is falling off, and there wasn't much I could do to help fix it. So she takes it to him, who fancies himself a bit of a mechanic (he's not). Weather or not she asked him or he offered, I don't know, but I didn't find out about it until after he had the car. It is now the middle of November, and he still has her car. She refuses to call the cops or look into legal action, and I'm tired of being the only one with wheels in this +100km relationship. This whole thing is wearing me down and eating away at our relationship. Anyone have any thoughts on how I/we might proceed?

Thanks

Nick

Have your girlfriend carry her title and go pick up the car. Have some one else take her. Have her carry either jumper cables or a battery. You should not be at that scene at all. You just could not win no matter what you did. Ask him politely just once for the keys and drive away with the car. Hopefully she drives away with the car, but if he refuses to give the car back, she should retreat about a block away. Then call the police, explain the situation to the police, and have the police go with her to retrieve the auto. The important thing is that you stay well clear of this situation, you can only lose.

Last edited:
Have your girlfriend carry her title and go pick up the car. Have some one else take her. Have her carry either jumper cables or a battery. You should not be at that scene at all. You just could not win no matter what you did. Ask him politely just once for the keys and drive away with the car. Hopefully she drives away with the car, but if he refuses to give the car back, she should retreat about a block away. Then call the police, explain the situation to the police, and have the police go with her to retrieve the auto. The important thing is that you stay well clear of this situation, you can only lose.

Excellent suggestion!!!! Well done, OCR! good luck, Buckshot! Let us know how it works out.

Well I can pitch the idea, but there's no grantee it will go any farther than that. Like I said, she doesn't like the idea of calling the cops. But regardless, thanks OCR.

Unbelievable! She must understand that a full exhaust system installation would take a few days at most for a backyard mechanic. This amount of time is crazy! OCR is dead on in his answer. Get the car to a real mechanic!

There may be things going on you're not aware of. How attached are you to this woman? Could you not perhaps find one a little more drama-free a bit closer to home?

Back