• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowside in the morning...

MindlessMuse

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Had a fun start to my day...

[video=youtube_share;mu9Go-B1lcQ]http://youtu.be/mu9Go-B1lcQ[/video]

I am okay. My hand seems to be only issue right now. Just a little scratched up.

image.jpgimage_1.jpg

I think overall the bike is okay, there is some cosmetic damage and the brake lever almost ground itself off. I think the handlebar might be bent as well. Going to have dealer pick it up tomorrow and give everything a good once over.

It was a chillier morning than the past few days and I took the turn wider than normal and was trying to get myself back into the other lane quicker than I should have for the conditions. Lesson learned.

I keep playing it over and over, but I still can't see how you did anything to cause it to slip out from under you like that -- it's not like you gunned it or anything. Sorry it happened in any case.

I've done that before. I was surprised how easy it was to sand the scrapes off the plastic. The pain is taking the plastic off. Hope you are ok. We know that you do have good video camera. What brand is the video camera? Thank you for posting your accident video, now we have all leaned that lesson.0.jpg

SmileyFearful.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I've done that before. I was surprised how easy it was to sand the scrapes off the plastic. The pain is taking the plastic off. Hope you are ok. We know that you do have good video camera. What brand is the video camera? Thank you for posting your accident video, now we have all leaned that lesson.

Thanks. It is a Drift HD170. Ironically, I just did a camera mount video the day before.

Glad to see you're okay after the fall. It is a strange one the way the bike tipped in. As previously mentioned the gloves probably saved your hands from more serious injuries.

How many miles are on these tires? Especially the front? New tires tend to have a coating that needs to wear off before they grip the way they should.
Any chance you rode through any fluid. Antifreeze is especially slick.

Did you check pavement to see if it felt slick? Even a small amount of fluid could make a slick patch.

I sure didn't see anything that should have caused it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I can't tell if the asphalt is wet or not. Maybe it's just the lighting. I'm always worried this is around the corner for me. Nearly happened when a road in the neighborhood was being resurfaced. Glad it wasn't worse for you though.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Camera is not the Bluetooth model, that came out after this one.

Tires have almost 1k.

I do not think there was anything on the road, but that section of the road is always a little shinier to me, especially in the morning.

I went back this afternoon and did not see anything that would help explain it.

Like ziggie said, sometimes it just happens. Can't find no reason. Ain't no reason. It just happens. One thing I did see is that your smart, had on your protective clothing. Your skin is still on you, and not the roadway.2.jpg

SmileyThought.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I am glad you are OK. I've broken a collar bone at less speed than this. Like above I played it over and over and other than what looked like a tiny pothole or broken spot on the pavement at the start I saw nothing to cause this. Did you pull out of a gas station just prior with possibility of some diesel or oil dribbled on the ground?

At least your NCX was accommodating enough to switch on the Hazard blinkers for ya though, lol :eek:

Oh, and your glove burned through at your pinky knuckle with that perfect of a hole? :confused: :eek:

Do you have the Bridgestone tires. If tire pressure is off at all they would wobble on the hard leans on cold days. I now zig zag in straight lanes just to make sure they are warmed up and cleaned off. I'm glad mine are almost done and about to come off.

Maybe you hit one of those lane stripes just right. They can be pretty slick.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Watched it a few times. Looks like he was between the paint stripes. Only thing I can come up with is cold tires on a cold road and maybe a light dew on the road. Glad you are OK.

Do you have the Bridgestone tires. If tire pressure is off at all they would wobble on the hard leans on cold days. I now zig zag in straight lanes just to make sure they are warmed up and cleaned off. I'm glad mine are almost done and about to come off.

OT - What would you replace them with? Have seen that when the tire pressure is low they get a little weird, but I've worn through two rear tires and one front and replaced with same because I liked how they performed - and I've ridden in temps anywhere from the 30's to ~100 - heat, cold, downpours, hail, . . .

Last edited:
Back