• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad deflectors install

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy!
Received the Madstad today. Nicely packaged, pre-assembled parts, good instructions.
The screen came with the angled deflectors. I am not quite sure of the proper mounting of them.

Does anyone have a picture of these deflectors attached, please? And, will the deflectors interfere with Storm hand guard or at full turns of the bars?

TIA!

Last edited:
Howdy!
Received the Madstad today. Nicely packaged, pre-assembled parts, good instructions.
The screen came with the angled deflectors. I am not quite sure of the proper mounting of them.

Does anyone have a picture of these deflectors attached, please? And, will the deflectors interfere with Storm hand guard or at full turns of the bars?

TIA!

Maybe they have changed the design, but so far as I can remember there were no deflectors with mine. They also don't mention the deflectors on the NC700X/NC750X order page at:

NC700X / NC750X

"This MadStad system consists of 3 parts: the mounting base (adapter plate), the windshield, and the easy-adjust Robo Knob brackets."

I think that's pretty much all I got with mine, but now they also include nutplates so maybe now there's deflectors too. Are the deflectors mentioned in the installation instructions. Post a picture of the deflectors if you get a chance.

Yes, nut plates and the deflectors were in the package. I will snap a pic for you.

Well they look dorky but I'll need to inquire about getting some. My Madstad setup is comfortable, but noisy. The noise comes from air coming around underneath the screen.

My Madstad didn't come with those. That area is where a lot wind comes from that hits your body and lap. Would be good to have during the winter. I noticed the S10 has removable deflectors in the same basic area. Wonder if I can get a retro fit kit.

Well they look dorky but I'll need to inquire about getting some. My Madstad setup is comfortable, but noisy. The noise comes from air coming around underneath the screen.

Actually, they look better "in person" :)

Pretty interesting. Back in January when I was trying to get the Madstad to work for me and exchanged a few emails with the nice folks over there. I mentioned deflectors because I could tell a lot of wind was coming from that area and got this response:

Regarding the deflectors; Up until you, we haven't had any call to make them for that bike.

They must have had some more interest since then if they're now shipping them with every system. You didn't specifically request them? Hope they work well!

trey

Pretty interesting. Back in January when I was trying to get the Madstad to work for me and exchanged a few emails with the nice folks over there. I mentioned deflectors because I could tell a lot of wind was coming from that area and got this response:

They must have had some more interest since then if they're now shipping them with every system. You didn't specifically request them? Hope they work well!

trey

No, I did not. I was actually surprised to see them... Thought it was a mistake... But reading the instructions, I saw that they mention the deflectors there too. Weird angle... took me a bit to figure out how they mount, since there was no picture or drawing in the instructions paper.

No, I did not. I was actually surprised to see them... Thought it was a mistake... But reading the instructions, I saw that they mention the deflectors there too. Weird angle... took me a bit to figure out how they mount, since there was no picture or drawing in the instructions paper.

Looking forward to a "with and without" deflectors comparison!

It appears from the pics that there is an extra flange on the base plate where the deflectors attach. If so, it would mean those who have the older version would need a new base plate if they want the deflectors. Wonder if Madstad will package it this way for those wanting a retro-fit? When I changed from my CalSci Sport to the Madstad I initially noticed more air coming around my hands and lower torso, but the upper body and head noise and buffeting was so much better I considered it a beneficial trade-off. However, now I may have to consider the deflectors if they are available for earlier Madstad owners.

Looks like Madstad 2.0

Gentlemen,
I can't wait to test the whole thing myself...
The problem is - my bike all blocked up in the garage for now. Bathroom remodeling... So all the materials, the tub, furniture and contractor's tools are in the one car garage along with the NCer...
Please, be patient!!!! I know it sucks, but if anyone talks to Madstad about it - please keep us all posted. Maybe they will share their experience "with and without" before I can.
Sorry to be a party pooper... :rolleyes:
I hope they will provide the retrofit for you guys if it's worth it.

Back