• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad installed

anglachel

Reaction score
Visit site
So a couple of days before I went on Vacation (week in the BWCA with my wife and dog) I received a box (well two, more on that later).

Madstad sent me out my new windshield... I pulled off the stock one got the new windshield installed (with only moderate amounts of head scratching once I identified the right box)

IMG_20150818_135035.jpg

She is quiet. My sena headset is LOUD with the new windshield in place, I might be able to listen to music on long trips now, and I've turned down the volume to do it! It's no longer painful to ride on the highway without ear plugs (though I'll probably still wear cheap ones on longer trips) and I can hear the engine at speed now...

I need to get something for the handle bars, the barkbusters just touch at full lock, but it's ridable for now... probably pick up some rox risers before too long.

Windshield is tilted all the way back and has maybe a 3rd of the rack to slide up further, but it covers my 6'4"/32" inseam self just fine this way, is tilted all the way back normal? Put some reflective tape on the bottom to help block the refraction, not a perfect solution but it will do until I can come up with something better (also put some on the bark busters.)

Of course there was the other box... also from madstad... it confused and frustrated me when I opened that one first...
According to the directions it's a windshield for a polaris slingshot... I've emailed Madstad back and let them know that I received it in error, heard nothing back from them...
So if any one knows some one that wants a split windshield for a slingshot... I'll probably be selling one soon unless madstad gets back to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20150818_135035.jpg
    IMG_20150818_135035.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 407
Madstad has instructions for the "optimum" angle of the screen but it really depends on personal preference so try it at different angles and heights to find what you like. My hand guards also touch at full lock but it hasn't caused any issues. I have my risers tilted forward a bit. Might not touch if I had them straight back but I wanted a little more reach to the bars and having them forward works better for standing.

That looks like they came up with a new windshield shape. Play with the adjustments, right now I am down in Texas, HOT I have the shield down and tilted back all the way getting all the air I can. Usually I have it forward about 1/3 .

That looks like they came up with a new windshield shape. Play with the adjustments, right now I am down in Texas, HOT I have the shield down and tilted back all the way getting all the air I can. Usually I have it forward about 1/3 .

Howdy from Texas. Lucky you did not come a few weeks ago, when heat was 3 digit numbers. What part of Texas are you riding in?

So a couple of days before I went on Vacation (week in the BWCA with my wife and dog) I received a box (well two, more on that later).

Madstad sent me out my new windshield... I pulled off the stock one got the new windshield installed (with only moderate amounts of head scratching once I identified the right box)

She is quiet. My sena headset is LOUD with the new windshield in place, I might be able to listen to music on long trips now, and I've turned down the volume to do it! It's no longer painful to ride on the highway without ear plugs (though I'll probably still wear cheap ones on longer trips) and I can hear the engine at speed now...

I need to get something for the handle bars, the barkbusters just touch at full lock, but it's ridable for now... probably pick up some rox risers before too long.

Windshield is tilted all the way back and has maybe a 3rd of the rack to slide up further, but it covers my 6'4"/32" inseam self just fine this way, is tilted all the way back normal? Put some reflective tape on the bottom to help block the refraction, not a perfect solution but it will do until I can come up with something better (also put some on the bark busters.)

Of course there was the other box... also from madstad... it confused and frustrated me when I opened that one first...
According to the directions it's a windshield for a polaris slingshot... I've emailed Madstad back and let them know that I received it in error, heard nothing back from them...
So if any one knows some one that wants a split windshield for a slingshot... I'll probably be selling one soon unless madstad gets back to me.

Did you tape the bottom of the new screen to block glare from the headlight? Did your new windshield come with the two winglets?

I think I am going to get one of the new design shields in a couple of weeks. Need to decide if I'm staying with medium grey or will go lighter.

can someone tell me what the difference is between a roboknob and a robobracket? they seem to offer both technologies...

Last edited:
Did you tape the bottom of the new screen to block glare from the headlight? Did your new windshield come with the two winglets?

Yes and yes.

The bottom edge of the windshield catches the headlamp light and it bounce and lights up the top edge of the windshield, which is terrible distracting while riding. There is still some reflection from the headlight off the bottom of the windshield, but that is down out of my field of vision and isn't nearly as bad as the light bouncing through the windshield and lighting up that top edge which is very near to where I'm looking when going forward.
Think I might get some kind of plastic cover for the edge of plexiglass to put down there at some point to fix this in a slightly cleaner manner than the tape... but tape is what I had in the garage at the time.

You can see the winglets behind the turn signals in the photo if you look close.

Back