• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mirror Risers

Gunner

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,
I case anyone was considering mirror risers. It seems my shoulders are much wider then the Japanese designers would think is possable (I said shoulders, not middle. Well that too). So I purchased a set of mirror risers. They seem to work pretty good. I haven't tested them at highway speeds yet for vibration but 45mph they are fine.
mirror.jpg

I got a similar set. They work fine at all speeds. Make it much easier to get a good view in the mirrors.

I have these too. One thing I have noticed is that having set the extensions up for maximum extra width, i.e. pointing at 90 degrees to the direction of travel, they do require more head movement to check. I think I will adjust them to point more forwards, probably about 45 degrees to the direction of travel. This will move the mirrors forward while still retaining some extra width, and hopefully this will reduce the angle of neck movement needed.

Fred

in addition to better view around your honky shoulders, do you experience less buffering/noise/turbulence with your helmet? Some have claimed that the mirrors might have contributed to the noise and buffering to the helmet.

in addition to better view around your honky shoulders, do you experience less buffering/noise/turbulence with your helmet? Some have claimed that the mirrors might have contributed to the noise and buffering to the helmet.

I have a Madstat windscreen and with the mirror risers (or extenders), I have felt no buffeting. I love not having to look down so much to look into the mirrors, and especially not seeing my arms.

Back