• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

moonshine run

I realize I will probably miss out on the burgers, but I want to stop by the place to get a photo. there is some kind of chili dinner around 5pm at a fire house. I will definitely make that. I will let you know when I head out and arrive.

If you are riding thru Paoli to go over there, make sure you take HWY 56 over to Prospect and then take Hwy 150 up to Shoals-you will love the road-think Red River Gorge but faster... :) Once you get west of Shoals though, the riding is BORING.

I think that is how it has me routed, I am getting it mapped out now. In my car, and on the bike, I use the Navigon app for navigation. I will do a simulation when I get home and see where it has me going. That sounds right, though. Was kind of a snap decision to go ahead and make the trip. But, with nothing else going on this weekend, gonna take OCR's advice and just ride.

I made it to the Moonshine run about 1130 central time. Met up with Deckyon (he got there an hour before I did). I didn't get a burger; not waiting in line for at least an hour-the line was really long. I did get a piece of homemade Amish pecan pie topped with a scoop of homemade ice cream though-delicious.
I got a couple of pics; forgot the camera and cell phone sucks (old cell phone, not a smart phone)
Someone had a Slingshot; that thing is huge-12' long and 6' wide in the front, 2.4 L GM motor

This one is people and bikes (bikes parked side by side, people milling about-half mile in this direction.

In this direction, they were parked and milling about for about a mile

me:

Beautiful day, cool, 3.5 hour ride to the Moonshine and 3 hours back home (different route).

Wish I could have been there. I got a Moonburger in 2012. Gotta get there early before the line gets long.

FYI and FWIW, the wife and I are planning to go to Moonshine tomorrow on the 'Wing. I know it's not NC related, and it's not the official Moonshine Run, but I thought I'd post in case anyone else might be headed there.

Back