• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My accessories

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
Firstly you will notice that I do not use the term "Mods" a quick look at my user name should tell you why:)
So far I have the genuine Honda rack & top box fitted + the higher screen
I have on order the centre stand foot & leg delectors from Honda +R&G rad cover and pyramid fenda extena

Hi Rocker
I have just installed (shop mechanic did it for me), the rear Honda rack.
The silly man forgot to order the lock mechanism. And so I could just see but not take my 35L box with me. It looks quite good though. (although not so good to be priced so high).:p

Q: Do you have 1 key or 2 separate keys for the Honda box and the ignition?

Can you please upload some pics of the luggage rack? I am ambivalent of the design and Honda has revoked the pics from their web site. I am not interested in a top box or side boxes, just the luggage rack.

6a8f78a3.jpg

Great! Did you take a pic?
:)
Not during the installation, but I can take one for the result. I've earlier installed the wind deflectors for legs and feets, and today I will install the center stand. Still in the box are the heated grips. No hurry mounting these as the season got much warmer now. But they will be installed in a near future....

What I did mount and rapidly dismounted was the larger wind screen/shield. I got a terrible turbulence from that shield from 50 km/h and up, and at highway speeds 100-120km/h the turbulence made my helmet vibrate and the buffeting noise was tremendous, despite my use of ear plugs! That wind shield got returned to Honda with a complaint.

EDIT: Oh, and the Pyramid Fenda Extenda is also mounted on the bike. I'm still looking for a decent hugger but those seem to still be in the planning manufacturing state at the moment. I would love to get someones declaration of experience (and pics) before I buy one for myself.

Last edited:
As requested ( :) here are the pics of my accessories (farkles):

Yesterdays activity was to install the luggage rack on my NC. But todays activity was to install the central stand. The manual advices strongly that you got to be two persons doing the mounting, where one is holding the bike and prevail it from tipping over. Well, with no buddies at hand you have to use what you got: Two tie ropes connected to the ceiling are good replacements...

DSC_1183.JPG

Victory and a first! The NC is on it's central stand. Mounting is quite easy but the two return springs will make you remember all your dictionary of cursing words. The smaller spring, probably with a function as a backup of the main spring, doesn't make much fuss, but the other one will make you believe that something is wrong with the construction. Well, don't give up, use a screwdriver and the horizontal bar of the center stand to pry the spring hook in it's proper place.

DSC_1185.JPG

The rear luggage rack got on the bike yesterday. Not much of a fuss to do, took an hour or so where the main time was spent on understanding how to dismount the rear end plastics and how to place the cutting template. The manual is not so very much of help here. But anybody not so unclever guy will get the work done. The result is quite handy, a good looking and practical add-on.

DSC_1189.JPG

A need in the cold north are grip wind deflectors. Here in Polisport SM Line version. Easy to mount, works well.

DSC_1192.JPG

Pyramid's (UK company) new Fenda Extenda for the NC is a must when driving on dirt roads, or else you will get the radiator clogged with mud. Your choise :) Mounting is easy as the product fits well. The four screws can make you sweat, but I overcame it and just screwed them in.

DSC_1193.JPG

The leg and foot wind deflectors are add-ons aiding in getting less water on your legs and shoes/boots. I haven't been traveling with this bike in rain yet so a report will be delivered in the near future. They should be good. At least I hope they are...

DSC_1195.JPG

The tip of the day is to use the unused place under the rear seat to store the ABUS Quick Mini disc lock.

DSC_1196.JPG

And with the passenger seat in it's up position we can take a pic showing the cutout for the rear luggage rack.

DSC_1198.JPG

A GPS mount is easily done with the RAM Mount 1" ball put to the steering bar. The electrical connection will be done later together with the heated grips.

DSC_1199.JPG

DSC_1200.JPG

Last edited:
Here are two extra pics that wasn't allowed to be added in the previous post (due to the max 10 pics rule)

The heated grips with all cable harness, relay and connectors. The power harness has 3 plugs available where one is used for the grips. The second one will be used to feed my GPS and the third one will be kept as a spare (or maybe to add some Denali D2 extra LED lights in the future).

DSC_1201.JPG

Tip number 2 of the day is to use a Cramp Buster. I hesitated for using this device initially, but once you get used to it it is very comfortable during longer trips. Good product!

DSC_1202.JPG

So, these are my add-on farkles. In my to-do-list is a shower cap like the one I made myself for my NT700V (Deauville), a bike cover for covering the seat, luggage rack, tank and steering bar with instruments. Easy to add, easy and small-size to fold and pack on the bike. On the NC it will probably be kept under the rear seat. The shower cap is used for (obviously) rain protection, prevent bird poop and to keep nosy people off the bike.

The home-made Deauville Shower Cap

DSC_1206.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Chris
Your workshop looks very nice!
And question: does the Mainstand tuck in nicely?
I was asked perhaps the mainstand could pose a problem while cornering?

I am also looking for a GPS and the RAM mounting here. But it is quite expensive here so I will go online.
Looking good, your ride now...
:D

Your workshop looks very nice!
And question: does the Mainstand tuck in nicely?
I was asked perhaps the mainstand could pose a problem while cornering?

Thanks Joe (I think your name is Joe?)
The main stand is very well tucked away in it's up position. See the pics below. The foot pegs are the first thing that will hit the ground (and scare the crap out of you :) when cornering in low angles. The next thing hitting the ground will be the side stand doing lefties. If you have grinded those two down, THEN the center stand will get responsive for the fire trail behind you during the cornerings... :)

DSC_1212.JPG

DSC_1213.JPG

I am also looking for a GPS and the RAM mounting here. But it is quite expensive here so I will go online.

Bike GPS's got a price tag of a fortune! The TomTom Rider is about €350 here in Sweden. I got this one with the RAM Mount kit included for €190. Probably a faulty price tag but I throw myself over the box when I found it. The Garmin bike series of GPS's start at €600 so I just cared to forget about them. Those are just crazy prices...

Thanks Joe (I think your name is Joe?)
The main stand is very well tucked away in it's up position. See the pics below. The foot pegs are the first thing that will hit the ground (and scare the crap out of you :) when cornering in low angles. The next thing hitting the ground will be the side stand doing lefties. If you have grinded those two down, THEN the center stand will get responsive for the fire trail behind you during the cornerings... :)

snip pics

Bike GPS's got a price tag of a fortune! The TomTom Rider is about €350 here in Sweden. I got this one with the RAM Mount kit included for €190. Probably a faulty price tag but I throw myself over the box when I found it. The Garmin bike series of GPS's start at €600 so I just cared to forget about them. Those are just crazy prices...

Thanks Chris
Yes call me Joe. Happy Joe.

Thanks for the pic that I can see the mainstand (assume original honda). Mine is coming end May, I was told. I am looking forward to this, coz I am a little oldschool and like to have the bike firmly parked on the Mainstand.
Plus, I do go real low while cornering...(don't mean to boast) and there are many inverse camber on the twisties here.

I don't think your GPS is a faulty price.

There are 2 versions for the TomTom in Europe.
One retails here for 245chf (Europe central, no UK).
Another one (looks exactly same) retails for around 379 for (whole Europe including UK and East Europe).
It is the maps which cost a lot.

I am guessing yours is the former one, which should include SE and of course CH.
I am tempted to buy this also, because it includes the RAM mount.

Your photo certainly increased my confidence.
Q: does it have bluetooth, or rather have you tried using the bluetooth, with say a bluetooth ear piece?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Ok Joe!

The stand is Honda original add-on part.
And the GPS has entire Europe map. But, the memory in the GPS is only 2GB and can't hold the entire map at the same time. You have to choose what part of Europe you like to have installed at any time. There are some 5 or 6 overlapping maps and you can change map anytime and how often you like during your subscription period. It's a little inconvenient, but do-able.
The GPS have got BT but I don't use it. I do like the quietness in my helmet with no nagging of directions of phone calls! :)

HI there SuperMek-with all the farkles! Well done, lovely bike lovingly farkled. Just wish we had all the parts already. Still waiting...
Enjoy your ride, that GPS should take you places you've not even dreamt of! Love everything you added, I just cannot figure out what/why any cutting is necessary for the rack. Do you have pics of the pieces that were cut off?
Go safe.

Hi Tanserf!

Thanks for your lines. I you look at your passenger grips mountings and compare them with my picture above of the mounting "arms" for the luggage rack under the passenger seat, you will discover that the new rack mounting arms are wider. You have to take away about 2-3mm on each side of the two rear mounting arms and somewhat more for the two front ones. It's no fuss to do it. The plastics are easy to cut with a metal saw blade and then trimmed with sanding paper.

Thanks SuperMek! Why in the world could they not make the rack the same size, I wonder? Would 2 or 3mm make the bar that much stronger? Much like an after thought from Honda then, IMHO. Must say, it is a nice piece of kit! Well done!

Back