• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My accessories

Crhistian, the shipping and handling seems a way over the top.

I am shocked to look at this:

View attachment 215
Someone on the other end ordered a new car or something, and want you to take part of the bill? ;-)
No, obviously something is very wrong. I can't say what it is, but do try to add items to your order as i will remember there is a minimum order value of $20. The delivery should then be something in the range of $5.

Main Stand Installation

Picked up the main stand from the p/o today. I can't read, write or speak a word of Japanese, so had to wing it with the install job. After looking at the parts and included hardware, then looking underneath the bike, it becomes fairly obvious how it goes together. Of course the drawings help too! If you're going to do this job yourself, you'll likely have no trouble with the installation of the stand itself. The real bugger begins with the springs. There's a small diameter spring which fits down the center of a larger diameter spring and the combination of the two works very well to return the main stand to it's resting position.

I installed the large diameter spring first using a tool designed for installing and removing the springs that hold brake shoes on a drum style backing plate
DSC_0060.jpg

Next step I inserted the smaller spring through the larger spring until it was configured like the drawing in the instruction sheet. This required patience and a lot of back and forth bending of the spring to make it slide through the center of the larger spring. I then attached the short end of the spring to the main stand then used the above tool to stretch the long end to the little peg, which comes with the hardware.

There is limited space between the bike's frame and the exhaust so you'll be working in tight quarters with the brake tool. In close, just be patient and figure it out.

Here's a look at the business end of the brake tool.

DSC_0061.jpg

Picked up the main stand from the p/o today. I can't read, write or speak a word of Japanese, so had to wing it with the install job. After looking at the parts and included hardware, then looking underneath the bike, it becomes fairly obvious how it goes together. Of course the drawings help too! If you're going to do this job yourself, you'll likely have no trouble with the installation of the stand itself. The real bugger begins with the springs. There's a small diameter spring which fits down the center of a larger diameter spring and the combination of the two works very well to return the main stand to it's resting position.

I installed the large diameter spring first using a tool designed for installing and removing the springs that hold brake shoes on a drum style backing plate
View attachment 217

Next step I inserted the smaller spring through the larger spring until it was configured like the drawing in the instruction sheet. This required patience and a lot of back and forth bending of the spring to make it slide through the center of the larger spring. I then attached the short end of the spring to the main stand then used the above tool to stretch the long end to the little peg, which comes with the hardware.

There is limited space between the bike's frame and the exhaust so you'll be working in tight quarters with the brake tool. In close, just be patient and figure it out.

Here's a look at the business end of the brake tool.

View attachment 218

Aren't these Freddie's tools?
.....ooouuuuu......
:p

Didn't Freddie use a chain saw? Never did get a kick out of the hockey mask movies! I never throw away tools and it's the only thing I can be accused of hoarding. In my younger days, waaaay back in the days of riveting your own pads on the existing brake shoes, I used tools, like the one pictured, to do brake jobs. The cylindrical end of the handle with the little tang protruding from it, is used to remove the spring from it's mounted position. The other handle end has a groove with a lipped edge and is used to stretch springs onto their mounted position when you have the room.

Last edited:
Oh yes!
Been there, done that! :)

I got the installation manual in Queens English for anyone who likes to get a copy by e-mail!

Hi SuperMek,

My center stand was installed by the dealer while in the first revision, but I would like to have a copy of the installation manual just in case I need to dismount it in the future.

Please, send me that copy

Someone on the other end ordered a new car or something, and want you to take part of the bill? ;-)
No, obviously something is very wrong. I can't say what it is, but do try to add items to your order as i will remember there is a minimum order value of $20. The delivery should then be something in the range of $5.

I figured it out and you are right. Beaver said in the website that minimum order is $20 or else it will show you this amount.
And Happy Joe et al., greetings from Toronto!

- Chee

The tip of the day is to use the unused place under the rear seat to store the ABUS Quick Mini disc lock.

DSC_1196.JPG

Christian, I assume this is the 53mm. Does it fit well?
Mind if you can post me the link of this part number or SKU or product link?
I intend to get this and wanted to get the fitting size.

Thanks
Chee

JL,

This is very helpful. Price looks very attractive too. Did you also purchase the crimper?
By the way, did you install the 12V socket? If so, where did you put it?

Thanks
Chee

No, I didn't purchase the crimper, I already have one
I have from time ago a 12V socket in the not the tank, in the hollow of the toolbox, but directly attached to the battery. Now my plan is to add/replace an USB socket but connect it to the optional sub-harness (P/N 08A71-MGS-D30, and relay set, P/N 08A70-MGS-D30) to have power only when the bike is powered on. To do a fine job I need the 110 terminals, that's the reason to order them.

HTH

Christian, I assume this is the 53mm. Does it fit well?
Mind if you can post me the link of this part number or SKU or product link?
I intend to get this and wanted to get the fitting size.

Thanks
Chee

The product name is ABUS Granit Quick Mini, the 53 mm version unit, and fits beautifully on the front disc of the X. Read more about it here:
ABUS | The good feeling of security

The product name is ABUS Granit Quick Mini, the 53 mm version unit, and fits beautifully on the front disc of the X. Read more about it here:ABUS | The good feeling of security
Nope, no need for such things here. There is a big risk, you may tear off your disc if you forget to take the lock off.

Or the thief forgot to take the lock off...

Last edited:
Joe, there's a risk involved in anything on this planet. If your grey cells won't cope with you there is always an original yellow string to buy as a reminder to the disc lock!

Back