• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My accessories

The left turn indicator at front or at rear? Your bike is a NC700X model, right?

At the front, left side. You work the tupperware parts from the mid left side of the bike and work part by part to the front. Theres a LOT of small plastic "fastening thingies" (proper name of those?) and some bolts to unscrew before you are there.

And yes, I got a NC700X, a grey one you can se on my pics if you scroll backward in this thread.
(I got a NT700/Deauville too, which might be confusing perhaps...)

I did not bought the grips kit, just the sub-harness and the relay, what I want to do is my own socket to power on USB devices (5v DC)
That explaines it a lot, thanks!

Best (and only?) place to get the sockets used in the sub harness:
110 Connectors

A good way to get USB power outlet on the bike:
BurnsMoto - Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, RV - USB Weatherproof Power Socket - USB Charger with optional SAE to USB

Both delivers fast and can be paid by PayPal. Swift, easy, reliable and good products.

The left turn indicator at front or at rear? Your bike is a NC700X model, right?
Many thanks for this one, found it!
I did not bought the grips kit, just the sub-harness and the relay, what I want to do is my own socket to power on USB devices (5v DC)
Many thanks for your reply

Hi

Can you post pictures after you are done? (pics with step by step how you did it...I am an electric dummy you see)
:D
Thanks.
Joe

Last edited:
SuperMek, many many thanks for your replies, they help a lot!
No worries mate! If you won't find your way down under the tupperware I can e-mail you the manual. Then you will get instructions not only for the electrical parts, but also how to attack the plastics.

Well, that would help even more SuperMek. I would really appreciate it a lot if you could send it to ---

Last edited:
Got it, SuperMek. Again, many thanks. Will do it and make some pictures of the process as soon as I get the 110 connectors

Today my heated grips got installed.

View attachment 50

It was almost the same procedure as when I installed the heated grips on my Deauville / NT700VA. Quite easy, took a couple of hours and works fine. The control is integrated in the left grip, a new design from Honda 2012. The old bulky control-box is gone. At last...

I took the moment to also install the batter charger connector/battery monitor, the same system I got on all my bikes.

View attachment 51

It's a quite smart and easy to use connector. Three LED's tell the battery charging state and a rubber cap protects the connector to the charger.

Smart Connector:
Comfort Indicator Eyelet M6

Bike charger:
XS 0.8
Do those LED's light up while you're riding or only when charging? Just curious what affects that would have on battery life if it stays lit while not riding. Killed my scooter last fall when the shop wired a similar LED monitor directly to the battery vs a keyed source.

SuperMek,

Great posts and I am reading and learning everyday.

I am looking into powering my Zumo GPS and USB socket. I wonder if you could email me the 5MB file too? The manual that came with the bike does not have step-by-step instructions for maintenance. I managed to remove the side panel but not the front. All these done without instructions. Took me a while.

Base on your experience, where would you put the USB / 12V socket? In the dummy tank (drilling holes) or hide it inside the front side panels? Which one is more practical?

Thank you.
Chee

Hi Chee!
Sure can do. Just give me your e-mail and the files will be on their way. For powering a GPS monted on the steering bar, I would mont the USB power outlet on the bar as well.

EDIT:
File sent!

Last edited:
Now, several people asked for more pics of me grips wind deflectors, how they are mounted and so on.
Here are some more pics of the deflectors that hopefully will explain them better.
The deflectors are not connected to the bar ends as it is not necessary. There are no wiggely wobbling or vibrating in the wind. They are put rock solid on the spot and last for hitting tree branches in the forrest (or the doorframe when I let the bike out of my garage through the side door... :)

DSC_2907.jpg

DSC_2908.jpg

DSC_2909.jpg

DSC_2910.jpg

DSC_2913.jpg

Btw, the pics above show a hint to my latest farkle on the bike, the temp meter! :)

DSC_2911.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a Hondaline trunk. They were supposed to be released Aug 20th and now Honda says it won't be available in the US until November. Maybe I can get one shipped from the UK?

I once (wrongly) made a joke about thermometers on the bike, I do see maybe I could also look for one.
:p
The analog one seems so retro...

Back