• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X vs. Suburban

spongebobnopants

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my second time I was hit this year. A suburban pulled out in front of me with wet roads. I braked as fast and safely as I could while not dumping
it, but not only did he turn in front of he proceeded to hit me when I swerved to the next lane. It threw me about 20' and stopped by a curb. This was a low speed accident. >30mph. I'm banged up a little, but without a doubt, my helmet padded/armored jacket and gloves saved me.

Bars are bent, handguards are shot. Luggage cases were torn up pretty bad. Givi engine guards seemed to have done their job if the frame isn't bent. I can hear the front rotor dragging too.

Oh wow man! Sorry to hear! But you walked away and that's the important part. Looks like the hand guards and engine guards saved the vitals of the bike. Hopefully it won't be too long before you're back up and riding!

I'm glad your Ok. Sorry about the bike. I'm curious, what did the guy have to say for himself?

The ABS helped big time and allowed me to get to the side. Without it, Id have probably been in his back seat.

Thanks. I'm sure this statement is controversial but I almost think that you should have an additional license endorsement for vehicles over a certain weight and/or length. I seem to see a lot of accidents where the driver of these larger SUVs are the cause. They are so comfortable and drive so effortlessly that the drivers forget that six tons does not respond to control inputs the same as a minivan or even a light duty pickup.

Glad you are ok. Talking about your experience helps the rest of us.

I agree pahondafan, it seems ridiculous that you can pass a driving test in a honda civic and you are now ok'd to drive a dodge ram 3500 with duallys. But the same can be said about the M endorsement on your license, her in CA anyway you can pass the test on a small vespa and you are now legal to take a turbo Hiyabusa out on the streets. Overall, i think it is way to easy to procure a liscence to drive or ride. Even when i was 16 the tests were a joke, i never studied or stressed and passed the written and driving tests with 90% or higher.

Not good, but good to see you typing away still. Coincidentally, my brother in Seattle, on a V-Strom, also in full protective gear, also ran into a Suburban last week when it pulled in front of him. He was out for an hour, woke up in the hospital with his wife looking at him, fractured pelvis, collar bone, and some muscle tearing (but zero scratches). He's also lucky to be still alert and talking and typing, but the bike is totaled. He doesn't remember the accident, but witnesses say it pulled right in front.

One of my biggest fears is left hand turners! You have (had) good gear and someone watching over you. Glad your ok!

Not good, but good to see you typing away still. Coincidentally, my brother in Seattle, on a V-Strom, also in full protective gear, also ran into a Suburban last week when it pulled in front of him. He was out for an hour, woke up in the hospital with his wife looking at him, fractured pelvis, collar bone, and some muscle tearing (but zero scratches). He's also lucky to be still alert and talking and typing, but the bike is totaled. He doesn't remember the accident, but witnesses say it pulled right in front.

Wow, I feel so blessed my wounds were not as bad. Prayers out to your brother and his recovery.
We need stuff like this: Dainese - D-air

Back