• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NCX : 2013 Photos Galore (nice ones only please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
beautiful...are those buffalo in the background? did you paint the chainguard silver?
Just cows in this one. Tried the Ermax Hugger - has integrated chain guard - thought it would help reduce spray coming off the rear wheel, not sure it helps with that any, but it looks kinda neat.

DrillRig.jpgPumpJacks.jpg
Got in ~480 miles on Sunday - here's a different kind of scenery - oil well drilling rig and pump-jacks - near Midwest, Wyoming.

Hi Greg
Caution when parking on grass.
Bike stand may go into soil and bike topples.
:D

years ago we(mates) went to Cadwell park to see the bsb races.
it was very hot that day and the tarmac had softened so much that one bike toppled over taking with it about 20 bikes ouch!!
glad we didn't park on there,when we arrived it was full so we had to parked on the grass and that was rock hard.;)

Hi Greg
Caution when parking on grass.
Bike stand may go into soil and bike topples.
:D

Caution noted. I kept a close watch on her. I think here there was a thin layer of soil and then rock. At least that's what we found when driving the tent stakes!

Greg

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the fantastic photos.
As a camera-enthusiasts for the last 30 years, I would like to give you some unsolicited advice on getting a good photo.

Tips of good photo-taking:

1. Good composition is the key.
Make sure the bike (full or half) is well inside the photo (eg: do not chop off half the wheel, ugly). The background should be balanced within the photo frame.
Eg: Bike on left bottom corner (facing right) while background Nuclear Power station is on other half (and in full).

2. Lighting: Ensure the light source is behind the cameraman if possible. Ensure there is enough light to show the bike.
Not applicable if you are trying artistic lighting photos (like dawn or high contrast).

3. If you want to include a person, do not amputate his arms or legs. Try to show his FULL body or halfbody.

4. Use a Software (eg: free Photoshop or Instagram) to recompose or re-enhance the lighting before uploading. It makes you look like a pro and also eliminate errors like above points.

5. Take more than 1 shot per location so that you can choose the best one.

6. Have a STEADY hand, and do not shake camera while pressing the shutter button.
If needed, breathe in, breathe out, hold breath, click and then continue breathing.

Have fun!
Keep posting!
:p

Last edited:
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the fantastic photos.
As a camera-enthusiasts for the last 30 years, I would like to give you some unsolicited advice on getting a good photo.

Tips of good photo-taking:

1. Good composition is the key.
Make sure the bike (full or half) is well inside the photo (eg: do not chop off half the wheel, ugly). The background should be balanced within the photo frame.
Eg: Bike on left bottom corner (facing right) while background Nuclear Power station is on other half (and in full).

2. Lighting: Ensure the light source is behind the cameraman if possible. Ensure there is enough light to show the bike.
Not applicable if you are trying artistic lighting photos (like dawn or high contrast).

3. If you want to include a person, do not amputate his arms or legs. Try to show his FULL body or halfbody.

4. Use a Software (eg: free Photoshop or Instagram) to recompose or re-enhance the lighting before uploading. It makes you look like a pro and also eliminate errors like above points.

5. Take more than 1 shot per location so that you can choose the best one.

6. Have a STEADY hand, and do not shake camera while pressing the shutter button.
If needed, breathe in, breathe out, hold breath, click and then continue breathing.

Have fun!
Keep posting!
:p

No ladies in your photos then? :)

That would be a great idea.ladies on our bike thread.i will have to find a willing person.mine won't touch it lol

(((That would be a great idea.ladies on our bike thread.)))

yep I'm all for that topless preferred for us gents please;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back