• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need help to identify windshield

ricksride

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The NC I just got home has this windshield on it. I did not get the stock one.
Can someone identify it? I don't have a clue as to what it is.
016.jpg

Yes, it's a CalSci. One came with my bike but I'm so put off by its appearance that it's still unmounted.

It's so tall it looks like it would be pretty shaky at 75mph. I like the bottom part, though. It looks like it would block a little more wind than my Puig.

You can easily cut it down to the size you desire using a jig saw with fine blade and an orbital sander with very fine grit sandpaper to finish the edge. Use masking tape on both sides to protect the surface and place the shield on a solid surface when cutting.

I removed 4" from the Honda tall windscreen with excellent results. I placed the shield on a table with a folded towel under it, over hanging the portion to be cut. I first did a straight cut and then used the top of the cut piece to trace a smooth curve to do the rounded corners.

I have a CalSci Medium on my 2012 NCXD.It has been fine up to 100mph. I've had it for 2 years without a problem. Mounted with Honda bike pro's mounting plate. It sure makes highway riding much more comfortable.
Bob

You can easily cut it down to the size you desire using a jig saw with fine blade and an orbital sander with very fine grit sandpaper to finish the edge. Use masking tape on both sides to protect the surface and place the shield on a solid surface when cutting.

You can, but be super careful with the CalSci screens --- they're very prone to crack. Search for 'CalSci Crack' and you'll find quite a few of us had them crack apart under normal use.

I really liked the protection the screen offered before it committed suicide.

Thanks for the confirmation on what my shield is. I guess I'll have to ride it more and start playing with the tilt, height, etc. before final decision on whether or not I will keep it.

I have had good luck with mine and I probably installed an aftermarket screen before most.. Its the tall in the upper holes with Dales plates. Been in many 50 mph+ winds no problems, third season. Just be carefull tighening, uneven tightening likey leads to most problems riders have had as well as overtighening, when they say hand tight they mean hand tight, I add a drop of blue locktight on threads and good to go. Best shield for protection and comfort for me as I prefer to ride with my visor up with little buffetting. Beats adding dorky looking air foils to the top that block vision, bottom plates to cover the bottom open area from the wind blast, the list goes on. Mastad would be my probably be my only other choice if I ever have problems with this one. JMHO.Ride safe

Back