• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New 2014 NC700XD in Middle Georgia

sawride

Reaction score
Visit site
Trying the NC again. I joined the forum back in 2013 about when I bought a new 2103 with manual transmission. I had it long enough to take one ride to Arkansas before it was stolen from my carport and trashed. The insurance company (Progressive) treated me very well so I could have bought another NC but instead bought and sold several bikes looking for that elusive perfect motorcycle. The local dealership has had this RED! 2014 NC700XD (DCT) sitting in a corner since sometime in 2014 but wanted a few hundred more than MSRP. When I saw it on red tag sale for $5499 two weeks ago I forced myself to leave. Last week it was still there so I corrnered a sales guy and worked a deal.

My initial enthusiasm was somewhat diminished after gettting home and discovering some issue. I posted about that over in the General Discussion section. The short version is that it appears they did the instrument cluster recall at some point but used the instruments for a manual transmission NC so there was no warning lights for parking brake or ABS. They scrambled to make it right so it appears all is well now. So far I'm liking the DCT, only occasionally reaching for the nonexistant clutch lever. Next up is deciding what hardbags to put on it. I have a pair of Givi E360N bags but I really like the pictures I have seen of the RED! NC with Givi V35 bags. I would like to hear pros and cons from anyone that has either type on their NC.

I see there is a gathering planned in May in Stecoah NC. I'm working on fitting that into my schedule. Any other NC riders in the middle Georgia (Columbus) area?

Hi, Sawride. Welcome back with your new ride.
I plan to go "Back to the Land of the Dragon" (thread title in the ;Let's Ride forum section)
I ride a black NCXD and ride from Alpharetta.
There's a sign up link in the first post; you should come as there are alreadly more than ten
signed up, most of whom ride the NC, AFAIK.

Come on up. In the past it's been a layed back event. Ride, eat ride, have a beverage when you get back to camp. Small groups form up and head out. If you want to run the dragon, I suggest early Friday before the squids get up there.

Welcome back and good luck with your new bike. I have a set of the Givi E360's but I haven't taken them on a long trip. I do have a set of Givi E22's that I use most of the time along with a Givi Maxia 52 liter. Having those cases on my bike knocks about ten miles per gallon off of the bike's excellent fuel economy. I average 62 MPG with the cases on.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Hopefully I will be able to meet some of you at the May gathering. So kpinvt are you saying it's the E22 bags that knock off about 10 mpg? I have had a couple 650 VStroms with E360s and don't remember it affecting the mileage by much.

Back