• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

new fuel tank for nc

Dale your killing me. First an awesome skid plate that I had to buy now an aux tank ill probably have to buy for my day iron butt!!!!!
theres more to come if you have sw-motech case guards i am making really cool tool boxes that fit into the center of the case guard loop.. i am also starting on all aluminum saddle bags that will fit the bike very tight, and not be four feet wide, i also have a cool folding tip shift lever almost done. thanks dale . so much aluminum so little time.

Last edited:
Ok, I have to ask. Are you really using a winch mounted to the rear carrier? ed
yes i do use the winch, i hope to do another 35000 miles this year, allot of it will be off road, the bike will not always be on its wheels, i no that for sure, so my acc, that i make have to be up to the job. most people will not ride this bike off road for thousands of miles. the winch pulls off the bike to use it, your do not pull with it on the rear rack. thanks for asking dale

C0F5FA32-6FAE-4A4E-A9D5-5599BD43E116-154-0000000DA7E1E302.jpg

:cool:

Akra, bash plate, knobbies, fuel cell and a winch. Cool beans. Glad I found this forum.

I don't take passengers, and could use the extra fuel. It seems like I go from 3 fuel bars to blinking in nothing flat. I attribute it to the unusual tapered shape of the fuel tank. I will buy one of these when you finalize your design. Great job!

wow

reminds me of ron finch biker build off bike :D

what do the auth that check bikes in your state say?

wow

reminds me of ron finch biker build off bike :D

what do the auth that check bikes in your state say?

Welcome hairnet (lol) :D

I can't speak for Dale, but there might not even be a check or inspection of any kind in his State.

We don't have anything like that for bikes up here in BC.

Welcome hairnet (lol) :D

I can't speak for Dale, but there might not even be a check or inspection of any kind in his State.

We don't have anything like that for bikes up here in BC.

+1 and another welcome from SW Missouri.

we do not have any inspections on are bikes here yet,, but the tank is metal and bolted to the bike, and can be hooked back up to the evap canister, and should be emissions legal.. they normally do not like any gas tanks, strapped on, or made of anything but metal. dale

Dale I am interested in the alimunium saddlebags. Wonder how would it fit onto the NC when it's ready!

the best thing to do at this time is to use trax bags,, i am making so many skid plates that i do not have time to work on my bags, the bags i am trying to make are not like any bags you have ever seen. i removed the rear shock spring, compressed the rear wheel, and are making the bags very close to the tire and swing arm when compressed, trying to not make the normal, barn wide bags that are on most bikes, but have the same or more room in them, the new bags will hold my warn winch inside of one bags in the right front corner down low, with a door to access it, with alot of spaces made inside the bag to hold items in place, and not just laying in the bag, i hate digging for stuff, one of the big problem with bags is the lower front edge of the bags, when you fall over or hit something it really damages the bag, my bags will be slim, and tucked in on the front edges, to not damage the bags, hopefully i will get to work on them in the next 60 days dale

the best thing to do at this time is to use trax bags,, i am making so many skid plates that i do not have time to work on my bags, the bags i am trying to make are not like any bags you have ever seen. i removed the rear shock spring, compressed the rear wheel, and are making the bags very close to the tire and swing arm when compressed, trying to not make the normal, barn wide bags that are on most bikes, but have the same or more room in them, the new bags will hold my warn winch inside of one bags in the right front corner down low, with a door to access it, with alot of spaces made inside the bag to hold items in place, and not just laying in the bag, i hate digging for stuff, one of the big problem with bags is the lower front edge of the bags, when you fall over or hit something it really damages the bag, my bags will be slim, and tucked in on the front edges, to not damage the bags, hopefully i will get to work on them in the next 60 days dale

wow, dale seems like you have more to consider on your bags than most manufacturers. can't wait to see those bags!!!

Back