• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New GPS coming. Mounting questions

bode61

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Garmin 595lm coming this week thanks to some vey generous family members. I want to mount it on the bar of the OEM touring screen using the Touratech lockable mount but before I invest close to $200 has anyone been successful in doing this? It looks aweful tight to mount this system ther but I would really like to mount this above the instrument panel.

Bode

II want to mount it on the bar of the OEM touring screen using the Touratech lockable mount but before I invest close to $200 has anyone been successful in doing this? It looks aweful tight to mount this system ther but I would really like to mount this above the instrument panel.
RE: The Touratech lockable mount....

I have a couple of those insanely expensive locking mounts. Both look really knarly, like you're ready to head off on the Dakar rally but despite the $$ I haven't been very pleased with either one. Especially for the price. On my NC I have it mounted on an aftermarket windscreen bar. I imagine the Honda windscreen would be similar. You will probably have to remove the screen, mount the er, mount on the bar, and then reattach the windscreen. Not a big deal, but the locking mechanism is prone to getting all kinds of crud into the inner workings and more times than not, the key won't work to unlock it.

When that happens, you get to remove the windscreen so you can get behind the Touratech and fiddle with it so you can get your GPS out. On mine the rubber band that helps to <unclamp> the mount's jaws lasted about a year before it snapped.

I think a RAM mount is just as good or even better and my 590 came with one from Garmin (I had no idea).

As you can see in the pics, it is probably the safest position to put a GPS since you don't have to glance down at your lap. Mine is just a bit below my normal line of sight.

IMG_5753.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

Last edited:
Back