• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New hugger option

Just found out that Givi is offering another hugger option for the NC:

Cases, Side Hardbags, Soft Luggages, Screens, Spoilers HONDA NC 700 X

View attachment 1631

Still not decided which one to choose from.. Which one do you prefer ?

That one certainly looks like it would keep all chain lube flinging to a minimum!

For me, I find the Skidmarx hugger to still be the best one, as it has the most coverage back past the centerline of the rear wheel.

All the others I think are too small and don't provide what I personally want a rear hugger to do, actually cover as much of the tire as possible, like a front tire fender. (ironically not the OEM NCX front fender, which is too short, but say one with a Fenda Extenda attached)

I've got a custom made carbon fibre hugger on my CBR, and it covers quite a bit of the rear tire. And it still doesn't provide as much muck and mud deflection as I want.

That one certainly looks like it would keep all chain lube flinging to a minimum!

For me, I find the Skidmarx hugger to still be the best one, as it has the most coverage back past the centerline of the rear wheel.

All the others I think are too small and don't provide what I personally want a rear hugger to do, actually cover as much of the tire as possible, like a front tire fender. (ironically not the OEM NCX front fender, which is too short, but say one with a Fenda Extenda attached)

I've got a custom made carbon fibre hugger on my CBR, and it covers quite a bit of the rear tire. And it still doesn't provide as much muck and mud deflection as I want.

Yeah, what he sez!
The hugger is primarily about keeping the warmth close to the tire, not to keep the underside of the bike clean (which bicycle fenders ans others do), and which, frankly, I'd prefer, and I know that a real 'fenda' will do the trick nicely, but I guess its not 'sporty' enough for the masses. The hind-side has a huge arch that I wlll never fully compress, passenger included...

The answer to the question is Shiny Black or Silver.. not the 'carbon effect'.

So far I want the Skidmarx hugger with the Givi chainguard. I don't much care what it looks like because with the sidecases it will be nearly invisible. I agree with Lane on coverage, TP on "non-carbon" (I'll take flat black please) , and also like the tire clearance of the Skidmarx. I don't want a hugger for what one is for. I want it mainly to keep grunge off of my rear shock. Clearance is necessary because of the unpaved and often muddy roads I like to travel.

I've decided the Skidmarx hugger is my favorite. Has anyone bought one from a US seller? Or, has anyone in the US purchased direct from the UK, and was the experience satisfactory?

You can get the Puig in flat black and it will keep the crud off the rear shock. I like it because I will not be running with bags and I think it fits the design of the bike better. Being an old sports bike guy I like the Carbon Fiber and it would match the Leo Vince slip on that I want to get.

I too like the skidmarx hugger. I ended up putting a pyramid hugger on. yes plastic. but the i still have the original chain guard.View attachment 1733View attachment 1734View attachment 1735View attachment 1736

I have questions about the Pyramid hugger:

I read the install directions and it appears that the only fastener holding the hugger to the bike is a single plastic zip tie. Is that so, or is there more to it?

Can the white Pyramid logo on the right side be easily removed or is it somehow molded into the plastic? I don't go for logos and banners and such and would want to remove it.

Otherwise it looks good and I see it can be purchased in the US through Amazon.

Thanks,
Greg

Several good options there... But I just hate spending $150-$200 CAD for a $5 piece of plastic..

Winter is ahead, I may build my own fiberglass / CF hugger for a couple bucks. I've already done custom fenders in the past, so I may give this project a try.

I have questions about the Pyramid hugger:

I read the install directions and it appears that the only fastener holding the hugger to the bike is a single plastic zip tie. Is that so, or is there more to it?

Can the white Pyramid logo on the right side be easily removed or is it somehow molded into the plastic? I don't go for logos and banners and such and would want to remove it.

Otherwise it looks good and I see it can be purchased in the US through Amazon.

Thanks,
Greg

I just received mine today. Very fast shipping and purchased on Amazon for $114 with shipping.

This hugger mounts with the aid of a zip tie but appears to robust and sits in the hole behind the swing arm. The white Pyramid letters do come off as I don't like them either and just used my finger nails to remove.

I am quite happy with my purchase as I prefer to keep everything OEM and didn't want to relocate the brake and ABS lines or even remove the clamp or replace the chain guard.

I like the one from France that the Toronto rider showed. Is it available on this side of the pond, and if so how much $ w/shipping?

I have the Rossocromo too and in my opinion looks the best.

i-Z6fBZQD-L.jpg

Did you order it or get it through a shop in T.O.?

Heavy, I order it directly from the website. The owner is very nice and shipping is quick! You will always get status update in email throughout the process in French. I heard honda actually uses them as OEM in Europe.

It also has a nice clip on the side to accomodate the ABS brake lines, so there is no drilling.

Last edited:
Heavy, I order it directly from the website. The owner is very nice and shipping is quick! You will always get status update in email throughout the process in French. I heard honda actually uses them as OEM in Europe.

It also has a nice clip on the side to accomodate the ABS brake lines, so there is no drilling.

Thanks for the info!

Back