• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Member - Introduction

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been here for a few weeks, lurking and learning. Today, in the rain of course, I finally rode my new-to-me 2014 NC700X DCT the 30 miles from its previous home to its new one.

As an introduction, I have been riding bikes for 40 years - starting with hand-me-down Hondas and Yamahas. My first new bike was a Yamaha Virago - I met a girl that liked to ride on the back, so for the next 10 years, it was Yamaha Royal Star cruisers (3). When she retired, I moved to the Honda ST1100 and had 3 versions of that bike up until a few years ago.

I sold that bike when someone who wanted to ride it in the Iron Butt made me an offer that was too good to refuse. I took a 2 year break before the itch took hold a few months ago and the research on a new machine took over. I test rode a dozen bikes before settling on the NC700X. Small, Lite, Nimble, Forgiving, Super Easy to Ride while still having that Fun Factor. The final question was DCT or no-DCT. After putting a few miles on both at various dealerships and doing a lot of research on YouTube, here and other sites, I settled on the DCT. Then the search for a good one began. I found a beauty on CycleTrader - totally stock (I want my own farkles - not someone else's) and only 6,700 miles...allfor a very reasonable price.

It is now dirty but happy in my garage. A full detail, oil change, chain lube and the installation of the Battery Tender lanyard are on the schedule for the next week. I look forward to spending a lot of time here and appreciate the welcome I have already received.

Don
PortlandZinMan
Portland, OR
2014 NC700X DCT

nc700.jpg

Welcome from Oklahoma.
Newcomer warning: mods and additions are addicting on this bike.

I have been here for a few weeks, lurking and learning. Today, in the rain of course, I finally rode my new-to-me 2014 NC700X DCT the 30 miles from its previous home to its new one.

As an introduction, I have been riding bikes for 40 years - starting with hand-me-down Hondas and Yamahas. My first new bike was a Yamaha Virago - I met a girl that liked to ride on the back, so for the next 10 years, it was Yamaha Royal Star cruisers (3). When she retired, I moved to the Honda ST1100 and had 3 versions of that bike up until a few years ago.

I sold that bike when someone who wanted to ride it in the Iron Butt made me an offer that was too good to refuse. I took a 2 year break before the itch took hold a few months ago and the research on a new machine took over. I test rode a dozen bikes before settling on the NC700X. Small, Lite, Nimble, Forgiving, Super Easy to Ride while still having that Fun Factor. The final question was DCT or no-DCT. After putting a few miles on both at various dealerships and doing a lot of research on YouTube, here and other sites, I settled on the DCT. Then the search for a good one began. I found a beauty on CycleTrader - totally stock (I want my own farkles - not someone else's) and only 6,700 miles...allfor a very reasonable price.

It is now dirty but happy in my garage. A full detail, oil change, chain lube and the installation of the Battery Tender lanyard are on the schedule for the next week. I look forward to spending a lot of time here and appreciate the welcome I have already received.

Don
PortlandZinMan
Portland, OR
2014 NC700X DCT

View attachment 31872

Congratulations and good luck with the new-to-you bike. I also have a 2014 DCT in the faster color.

Back