• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi everybody!

I'm from Spain. I live in Madrid and I own a candy red NC700D (Integra) since last September. I use it for everyday commuting and it has 2500 km (around 1500 miles) so far. I've installed original Honda panniers and ST1300 trunk and I've ordered Isotta handguards. I participate quite actively in the Spanish forum and I read regularly the British and the Italian ones. I hope I can share interesting information with you all.

Welcome, fellow rider. Honda friends are always welcome. See you around...

Hello I am Mark. I have been riding a 2012 BMW F800ST since February but it unfortunately is no longer with us. I am in the market for a good bike for commuting and have been continuously returning to the NC700X. Seems like a steal! I am considering pulling the trigger this weekend...if not today. Still debating because I am also in love with the last 2012 R1200GS at the BMW dealership. Do I go practical or buy something I will never use to its full potential? Some details of my commute: 37 miles each way, combination of highway and interstate, about 12 in the HOV lane (75mph is common). Any thought and/or biased opinions welcome.
Regards,
Mark

Hello I am Mark. I have been riding a 2012 BMW F800ST since February but it unfortunately is no longer with us. I am in the market for a good bike for commuting and have been continuously returning to the NC700X. Seems like a steal! I am considering pulling the trigger this weekend...if not today. Still debating because I am also in love with the last 2012 R1200GS at the BMW dealership. Do I go practical or buy something I will never use to its full potential? Some details of my commute: 37 miles each way, combination of highway and interstate, about 12 in the HOV lane (75mph is common). Any thought and/or biased opinions welcome.
Regards,
Mark

Welcome from Texas! I believe you're our 1000th member. Congrats, but no prize!!! lol
I feel like, if money is not a big issue, you won't go wrong with either bike. The Honda is, IMHO, cheaper to buy, fuel up and maintain...plus you have a trunk!!! Good luck.

Hi All!

I'm Mikee from Hungary. I'm awaiting my bike, it will be delivered in late february. Until that the weather is about 0 celsius. This will be my 2nd bike, the first was a CBR250R. I still have it, but it is now for sale. Very good beginner bike. Last year was my first season, driven approx. 7000 kms without problems.
I'll post photos later about the bike and modifications ( light reflective sheets, modified horn, vinyl wrap, front and back lights. And whatever come into my mind :) )
Good ride and wide road for everyone!

Hi All!

I'm Mikee from Hungary. I'm awaiting my bike, it will be delivered in late february. Until that the weather is about 0 celsius. This will be my 2nd bike, the first was a CBR250R. I still have it, but it is now for sale. Very good beginner bike. Last year was my first season, driven approx. 7000 kms without problems.
I'll post photos later about the bike and modifications ( light reflective sheets, modified horn, vinyl wrap, front and back lights. And whatever come into my mind :) )
Good ride and wide road for everyone!

Hello welcome!
I have some Hungarian friends here too (bikers).
:D

Hi all. I'm Neil from Weston super Mare in the UK. I've bought my NC X for my daily commute and I've had it for four days! I also ride a KTM superduke and a 990 Adventure R which I use for touring. I have a 1170cc Z900 street fighter I started for the first time in 11 years last week and am currently getting back on the road. I'm also busy restoring a 1962 Norton Dominator but haven't got far with that yet. My wife rides a Ducati 695 Monster when she's not hanging on to the back of my Adventure!
Some really good info here - been a real help while I've been adding some goodies to my NC this weekend.

Hi all. I'm Neil from Weston super Mare in the UK. I've bought my NC X for my daily commute and I've had it for four days! I also ride a KTM superduke and a 990 Adventure R which I use for touring. I have a 1170cc Z900 street fighter I started for the first time in 11 years last week and am currently getting back on the road. I'm also busy restoring a 1962 Norton Dominator but haven't got far with that yet. My wife rides a Ducati 695 Monster when she's not hanging on to the back of my Adventure!
Some really good info here - been a real help while I've been adding some goodies to my NC this weekend.

Welcome Neil!
:D

Regards,
Mark
Hi Mark welcome from the UK

Hi Neil good to have yet another British member on here. Also someone who is also privileged to have their wife as their riding partner. Having said that Sue would never get on the back of my NC or crossrunner as she just sticks to her Hornet and CBF1000FA.
I would love to see pictures of your Z900n and Domi. Is the latter a 88 or 99?

Hey all,

Nice meeting you (can say it as i've been reading posts for quite some time here, before becoming member). Hope no one thinks his privacy was disturbed :)
My name is Bane, currently living in Switzerland, born and bread in Serbia. Not having a lot of motorcycle experience. Been riding every day for past 2 years, commuting mainly. Probably wouldn't even been here if i didn't had crashed my trusty Kymco about a month ago. Now i'm considering NC700X and also waiting for some offer from Honda for what remains of my scooter.

Oh, and big thx to all of you for library of useful information you provided here. Hope to be able to repay in future.

Cheers,
Bane

Hello everyone... I am Bobby from Ottawa, Canada... I did my MD, PhD and am now a resident in pathology at U Ottawa, expecting to finish in June this year...
Used to have a Suzuki 100cc for 4 years as a med student in Bangladesh, then no bikes for a decade ...
Recently I decided to re-explore my lost passion, started with the CBR125 (2 weeks), followed by the CBR250RA which I now have.
I am looking forward to getting the NC700SA: I am not a tall person and prefer the riding position of this bike...and came across this forum... wihich I find similar to the Acura MDX forum, wonderful, and very useful...

Back