• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi Guys and gals? My name is Mike, I reside in San Diego and I followed beemerphile and a few others over here from ADV.

Loving my NC and figured I should join up here, not need to read about all those other great bikes I don't have. The anxiety from wanting to build just this one up is killing me. LOL

Last edited:
Hi Guys and gals? My name is Mike, I reside in San Diego and I followed beemerphile and a few others over here from ADV.

Loving my NC and figured I should join up here, not need to read about all those other great bikes I don't have. The anxiety from wanting to build just this one up is killing me. LOL

Hi Mike,
Welcome!
There is another Mike here...
Call me Joe.
:p

Mike, you are from San Diego, is it under California laws?

Do you know if the famous California laws permit or restricts the stock NCX?

PS: I prefer to call people their names and not ID. If possible please edit your signature and place your name there. Age is catching up with me, I cannot remember you all. Ok Bill? :p

Yes Joe, California laws. I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but I bought my NCX about a month ago here, and I don't think it differs from any of the other 49 states, like some automobiles do, if that's what you mean.

I want badly to remove the cat, put on a high flow exhaust, mod the intake and throw a cam in it... and then I remember the point of which I bought this bike. Fuel economy. :)

Yes Joe, California laws. I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but I bought my NCX about a month ago here, and I don't think it differs from any of the other 49 states, like some automobiles do, if that's what you mean.

I want badly to remove the cat, put on a high flow exhaust, mod the intake and throw a cam in it... and then I remember the point of which I bought this bike. Fuel economy. :)

So there are NO special stricter Cali laws for motorcycles?
I mean, I heard, read about Cali laws for automobiles. They are usually stricter than others.

New here, rode mine 95 miles home from the dealer this evening. Really like it so far, think its going to be a great bike. Jeff

New here, rode mine 95 miles home from the dealer this evening. Really like it so far, think its going to be a great bike. Jeff

Hmmm, second bike a V-Cross Country. Neat, looks like one extreme to the other. I'll be curious to which one you will be riding the most.

Big wave from TN

Hi everyone ! Just picked up my NC today. About 2 hours ago as a matter of fact. Drove home 45 miles from the dealer and I LOVE this bike. I should be out riding now, but, there is thunder and lighting and the skies look like they are about to open up.

About me: My name is Chris. I live about 50 miles south of Albany N.Y. USA. The area is know as the Hudson River Valley.
I am 62 years young. Got my Motorcycle Endorsement 1 year and 11 months ago. I have about 26K mileage so far.

I also have a 2010 Triumph Speedmaster. She is an entirely different woman from the NC, and I am capable of loving them both. :cool:

New to forum

Hi I'm Dean
Already posted one post but thought I'd say hello from blighty (England).
NEw B&W NCT700x DCT - love it
Look forward to hearing from anyone who want s to comment etc.

Back