• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

I've already made my first post but I guess I should introduce myself and say Hi. I'm from the West side of Kentucky and picked up a new 2012 NC700x in September. Yes, that's right. I bought a new 2012 in September 2013 (<20 miles on the bike). I'd seen it at the dealer before but it looked too sporty / uncomfortable and too tall so I never really looked at it. Once I swung a leg over, I knew that first impression was completely wrong. Now it's sitting in my carport with Givi bags & trunk, center stand, light bar, BMW grips, and 1800 miles. The seat was modified by Great Day to Ride (<$100) which is an improvement but I may have my spare seat modified for touring (someone tore the seat after I agreed to buy the bike so the dealer bought me a new one).

My riding history has involved various bikes. In 2000 I started on an '81 Kawasaki KZ400LTD which I rode for a couple years until I wanted something better suited for traveling. Next was an '89 Vulcan 750 which lasted until I started a trip one March morning after a cold front. Starting a 760 mile trip at 28 degrees was all I needed to finalize my decision to get a bike with fairing. That led me to a '94 Honda ST1100. Great bike but too tall for my short legs. Also loves to be ridden hard which got the best of me a few times (luck, not skill, got me safely through too many situations). Searching for a tamer bike led me to a '94 Voyager XII which is now sitting in my carport with transmission issues. Everything I bought was used and came with it's own special, hidden, and expensive problems so I decided bikes were cheap enough that I needed to bite the bullet and buy a new one. I also decided I wanted something lighter and more nimble than the Voyager. So when I saw the NC700x and the dealer made their offer on price... I couldn't resist. I still need to wire up my heated gloves, fog lights, louder horn, and get a taller shield.

Welcome from Arkansas. Sounds like you have a plan and I think you'll really like the NCX.

Greetings from Australia.
My NC700S is a recent purchase, following sundry Suzukis, Hondas, Yamahas & Aprillias.
I hadn't intended going back to a bike of it's weight, but one test ride convinced me.
Most of my riding is around inner & outer suburbs, with an occasional trip away for a night or three.
I also have a project Yamaha SRX250, but don't know if it will ever be finished.
All the best, Greg.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say HI to everyone from upstate SC.

Right now I don't have a bike and I'm looking to change that hopefully by the time spring gets here. Went to the DMV a week or so ago and got my beginners permit. Looking to sign up for MSF course when they start giving them again in late Feb or march at the local community college.

Still honestly trying to decide what kind of bike I want. Keep going back and forth between a street bike, a dual sport, an adventure touring bike or some type of naked bike for my first bike. (I love the look of the kawa er6n but I don't thing they are imported to the US anymore) The only things I'm sure on is I don't want a cruiser, and I don't want a lot of chrome blingy stuff.

The thing that attracted me to the nc700 was the DCT, but then I realized that I'll have to learn to shift and such in the MSF course, so hopefully I'll become good enough at that, that it won't be a major issue when coming to picking a bike.

I have already been window shopping of sorts at the local dealership a couple times and sit on a few bikes. The Vstrom 650 and versys both seemed to set up to high (like tip toes on one to teetering side to side tip toes on the other one high) I set on the CB 500x and the nc700 and the feeling was much more comforting with being almost flat footed on the floor on these bikes. They also felt less top heavy to me.

I'm kinda worried that the 700 will be too much for a beginning rider, tho it seems to be a lower power output then other similar sized engines so maybe not. I just don't want to buy a bike and be disappointed if it struggles to haul my chunky butt up to speed. (6ft tall 255 lbs). The CB500x was a little lower seat and lighter machine tho not to mention being lighter hit on the wallet would make it easier to afford needed gear and accessories.

I'd also like to get a little info on what kind of service requirements these bikes have such as basic oil change intervals (which I could probably handle) along with the more complex and expensive stuff.

Hi all. I am living in the Netherlands and at the start of 2014 my NC700X dct will be ready as soon as I give my dealer a phone call. I am riding daily my 1997 Pan European ST1100 with a yearly 10-12.000 km. Hope the weather will be fine because I want to ride this wonderful NC700 asap. Overall it should save me 400-500 euro per year on petrol. And the DCT should help me getting smoothly through the daily traffic.
I hope to share my experiences soon with you.
Merry Christmas and a happy 2014 to you all.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

I have both cb500x and nc700x. The 700 obviously has a bit more power, it also has a smaller gas tank. The configuration of the 700 is very unique - a majority of the weight is stretched across the lower 3rd of the bike. This makes maneuvering much easier. Mind you, I am 5'9" 185 so weight distribution and maneuverability makes a difference to short guys like me. The 500 might be a bit cheaper but might not have the power you are looking for. Is you plan o use the bike for commuting or for road trips?

I have both cb500x and nc700x. The 700 obviously has a bit more power, it also has a smaller gas tank. The configuration of the 700 is very unique - a majority of the weight is stretched across the lower 3rd of the bike. This makes maneuvering much easier. Mind you, I am 5'9" 185 so weight distribution and maneuverability makes a difference to short guys like me. The 500 might be a bit cheaper but might not have the power you are looking for. Is you plan o use the bike for commuting or for road trips?

5.jpgWelcome aboard from another short inseam guy. Howdy from Texas.

smileytexan.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy everyone!! I'm a Newby to this Forum & wanted to introduce myself!! I'm an Old Guy (66) and am retired!! The inventory of Bikes mirror the type of riding I like to do!! For the first 10 or 12 years of my riding life it was exclusively Dirt Bikes!! I still ride off road although I understand fully the length of time it takes to heal now!! :-( I also remember PAIN which causes me to back off, , , well, , , sometimes!! I have an 06 ST1300 that is going away soon!! I love it but the NC will do everything I want in a street bike!! I have a 2013 CRF250L for local Forest Gravel and Single track stuff that I have to ride on public roads to get to!! I have a 2007 CRF230F and a 2000 XR200R for woods & potential Vintage stuff!! I have a 71 CM70 for pure Vintage, , , and a 71 CT90 for the Pit-Bike!!

Come on down, , , over or up to North Georgia & we'll go for whatever kind of riding you want to do!!

Thanks,

Alfred Kirkland
Dahlonega, GA.

Back