• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC Owner in WY!

rooster 06

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All!

I just bought my first NC two weeks ago. I used to love riding motorcycles, Then I joined the military and got married, Needless to say, after my first tour in Iraq, the (now ex-)wife, said a resounding "No!" to anything fun; ie motorcycles, skydiving, paragliding. Luckily I was able to persue other passios: flying airplanes, geocaching, and SCUBA diving.

Luckily, she's now gone and my current girl grew up on the back of a Goldwing and loves motorcycles. I'm still in the military, AGR in the Guard. For those that don't know, AGR stands for A**holes Getting Rich.

I currently live in Wyoming and ride in Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska and soon Montana. Just looking for likeminded folks, and hopefully folks who want to ride in WY, or those who can provide ride guidance elsewhere.

Cheers!
-Rooster 06

Greetings from just south in Denver from a rider and a skydiver. You'll love your NC. Mine is just under 3 months old and I turned 3100 miles meandering through the mountains yesterday after work. Let me know if/when you're down here and I plan to ride through WY up to Yellowstone and Tetons in late July/early August, whenever I can book my vacation.

Absolutely! I'm planning on coming to the Denver area in a couple of weeks to ride with a buddy. I'll let you know when we finalize the plan. I can also show you some great rides here in SE Wyoming.

I'm originally from swNebraska-was just up that way, but unfortunately didn't have my bike. Would love to ride up through Cheyenne and into Thermopolis and then up into Yellowstone. You should plan a ride for your area!

After 30 years NOT riding, I am ready to ride again and have decided on the NC700. There is a brand new 2013 in Anchorage, Alaska for only $5600. (I live in Fairbanks about 400 miles away so I can fly down and drive back). I have also found a brand new 2014 model in Dallas for $4900 but I would have to ship it to Alaska so it would pretty much kill my summer riding as the summers here are short, probably done by early September. I like the silver color of the 2013. What are the differences between the 2013 and 14 models? Any thoughts? They also have a new 2013 CB1100 for $5600. I started on a 550f (four into one) and love it! I flew to Anchorage in 1976 and bought it brand new for $2000. So, I appreciate the wisdom of the list on what to do? Will I be happy with the 700? I am concerned it is not fast enough compared to my CB550 (which I have not driven in 30 years). Though at 58, speed may not be an issue.

(...)
Luckily, she's now gone and my current girl grew up on the back of a Goldwing and loves motorcycles.(...)

I'm glad things worked out for you, hope you make lots of great miles on your new NC and that your girlfriend joins you in hobby!
Welcome to the forums from southern Poland, ride safe!

Welcome to the forum. Looks like we have a few things in common not counting x-wives. Same bike, skydiving, and geocaching. My geocache user is floaten. As in "floaten through the sky". Skydiving from 1 to 100 was used. LOL.

One nice thing about this bike is you can combine the two hobbies (geocaching and riding). I guess you could do all three. When I was stationed at Bragg I used to throw my chute on my back and ride to the drop zone at Reaford for a quick Cessna jump. BDU's and all (Yea, ACU's weren't out yet). Thankfully my BOC pilot chute never came out. LOL

Anyway, I use my bike to geocache all the time. I created a thread on the forum a year or so ago. The bike is very handy in downtown areas and heavy traiffic. Much more so than a car.

Back