• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC Owner

bvogel7475

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up my new 2015 NC DCT/ABS last week. Reading all the posts from this forum before I purchased it was very helpful. I was coming from a BMW K1200 GT. Some may think that doesn't make sense but I love this bike. It put a huge smile on my face as soon as I rode away from the dealership. I don't miss having a clutch at all and changing gears with the buttons satisfies that occasional urge. I knew the seat and windscreen would be awful based on posts here. Definitely true and I ordered a SHAD seat and a MadStad windscreen. Only posts I don't relate to are the difficulty with slow speed maneuvers with the DCT. I have ridden for 35 years and this bike is awesome at slow speeds. Try riding a BMW R1200 GS. I rented one a few weeks ago. That thing is a beast and I was still struggling with slow speed stuff on it after a full week and 1,600 miles. Thanks again for all the posts. I knew exactly what I was getting when I purchased it thanks to all the comments.

Welcome! I'm glad our forum helped you make a good choice.

Have fun and ride safely.

Welcome from another new owner in Boston

Welcome from Boston

I am another new owner. Only had mine for a couple weeks. 2014 x black.

I agree the bike is a blast to ride. It turns really great.

the seat is not driving me crazy. But I think I have to change the windscreen too.

Also riding more than 30 years. Most of the time was mid cc superbikes -- kaw 6r (although the last 2 years rode an ex 250).

Although commuting on the nc, I am pleasantly surprised how much fun it is. It is even a pretty good platform to hang off on the clovers.

Have fun. What size madstad did you elect?

Love the DCT here as well. Got mine last January, and should turn 12000 miles before the end of the year, provided we have good weather.

Enjoy yours and ride the heck out of it.

Welcome aboard.

The NC700X doesn't have to be a just a "first" motorcycle or a "step up" bike for newer riders. There are plenty of more experienced riders here that know what we like and the NCX ticks a lot of our boxes. I owned a 2012 manual transmission model for a couple years, left for a year, then returned on a new DCT.

Welcome to the family, bvogel7475.
Glad you enjoy Honda's NC series! I'm not hoping, as I'm sure you WILL get a lot of fun riding your new bike! Safe trips!

PS: I think that what people meant with low-speed maneuvers was not difficulty in handling the bike, as its low CoG makes it easy, but rather different operation of the bike with DCT on-board. If you came from manuals, it's a new world to learn low-speed handling. But I may be wrong, at least I meant that :D

Welcome to the DCT, I also researched it on this forum and after considering several other bikes (researching their forums and fellow riders I knew) got at 2013 DCT and am well pleased with it.

Back