• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to forum

Johnny D

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just joined up, but I have been reading the forum for quite a while.

I have a little over 300 miles on my new 2012 NC700X, and the more I ride it, the more I like it.

I have owned a lot of bikes in the past ...

2012 Honda NX700X - Current

2007 Honda Helix - A mistake. Thought I could live without a real bike. What can I say. I sold it the next year.

1984 Honda VT500 Ascot - Sold it because I was moving. I really liked it. Wish i would have not sold it.

1997 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast - Bought it new, got a bargain on a 2 year old "new " bike. Very nice, but a little bit too heavy for my liking. Sold it after 2 years.

1992 Honda CB750 Nighthawk - Bought this one brand new. Probably the best running bike I have ever owned. Was all stock except for a full clear windshield. Selling it was dumb. Why did i do it?

1976 Honda CB550 Super Sport - Bought used from a friend. Was equipped with a Windjammer fairing, Saddlebags, cruise control, passenger backrest.

1974 Yamaha DT250 - My high school senior year project. Bought it and rebuilt the engine. Reminded me of my first bike. Only bike I have had that could do wheelies without using the clutch.

1974 Yamaha DT100 - This was the first. First real bike, first wheelie, first race, first crash, first trip to the ER, first stitches. first worn out engine. Got it when I was 11. It was totally trashed by the time I was 13. Sold at a flea market. All the parts were there, most of them in a box.

So far i have added the Honda center stand and touring windshield. Still planning on lowering the bike, and adding the Honda luggage options (or other alternative).

How do I put a tagline after my posts like I see some people have?

Welcome to the forum From Wake Forest, NC

Nice history of bikes.. forgot all about the Ascot. I wanted one of those!

You can add/edit your signature line by clicking on your user name up in the upper right hand corner just to the right of the world "Welcome", then click on
"Edit signature" under "My settings" on the right hand side of the page.

Man do you know how to buy the real classics. These aren't just motorcycles, their the motorcycles of their time. Helix forever! I love riding scooters. I guess you could say I'm a scooter fan. You know they have made a scooter out of this frame. I'd love to drive it, but not in the states.

Welcome from Oregon. Don't know a thing about most of the bikes you mentioned. I took too long off from riding. Bike before the NC was a 1970 CL175, bought new in 70 and sold in 74 when I had to move. It appears you have a long history with bikes and certainly many good memories.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I dug out some of my old pictures. This was my first street bike, a Honda CB550 Super Sport.

1985-01-01_A0071.jpg

The PC-800

2004-0182.jpg

And here is me on my DT250. I really loved riding that bike.

1984-01-01_A0001.jpg

I don't have pictures of any of the other ones. I should have taken more.

John

Last edited:
Back