• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM center stand with lowering links

soggybottom

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My center stand arrived today, man that was fast concidering I just ordered it sept 26th, just under 4 months. I must hold the record for longest wait for anything? So I got it hooked up this afternoon and finally lubed the chain properly and also installed my Lust Racing lowering links I got off fleebay for $70. Was a private sale, I think they sell for around $100 US. Anyway they lower the bike about 1.6 inches and the side and center stand are still functional even with my weakness in hands arms and legs from spinal stenosis. Before the links it just popped up almost by itself, with the links I failed the first time but I moved my right hand further to the rear and it went up ok. The side stand works ok but may be a problem on unlevel ground uphill. I may cut a 1/2 inch out.

The bike was ok for my 30" inseem before I had the seat modified, then I raised the seat up front and I was on my toes, now I'm almost flat footin again and its eaiser to throw my leg over the back seat :)

I haven't lowered the front yet, it does not look out of balance while on the side or centerstand. However I do expect lowering the front will have another effect on both stands. I will use the bike today and determine weather or not it is necessary. If I decide to lower the front I have the tools and ability to cut and weld the side stand, I prolly would leave the centerstand and just roll the rear tire up on a 2x6 when I need to use it. I really don't want to cut anything.

Ultimately, be aware there is a shorter Honda accessory centerstand to accommodate a lowered NC should you decide to modify it. I believe it is the NC700S stand, part number 08M70MGSJ10.

Greg

I didn't think I would be lowering it when I paid for this one 4 months ago, having the seat altered made the determination. You know how it goes with motorcycles, once you raise this you have to lower that and so on and so on. I prolly can take an inch out of the centerstand as easy as the side stand before I run and spend another hundered and a half.

Sounds like a good match for your, but be careful. Lowering the rear only could adversly affect the steering dynamics and stability of the bike at speed if you do not match the front suspention to the rear.

Sounds like a good match for your, but be careful. Lowering the rear only could adversly affect the steering dynamics and stability of the bike at speed if you do not match the front suspention to the rear.

Yah, just lowering the rear will slow your steering down quite a bit.
Kouba Link say that even if you lower the front a maximum of 3/4"
when using their lowering link, you will still slow down the steering a little bit.
Be careful going into corners too hot thinking you can turn in just as quickly as before you lowered it.

Back