• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Saddlebag - Keys

OneGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay guys, I'm sure there are a million threads on this already, but I couldn't find anything here or anywhere else about this. I just bought a set of the OEM saddle bags and I see that the lock sets are supposed to be matched to my ignition key. I'm pretty sure I have that figured out. My questions are:

1. Is it possible to do this myself or do I need to take it to the dealer?

2. If I can do it myself, where can I find any instructions on how to do this?

Again, I'm sure this has been brought up countless times, but I just couldn't find the thread. Thanks in advance.

*** Update ***

So apparently, my Google-fu is weak. A colleague of mine found the instructions, but they weren't included with my purchase. I think I'm going to try it myself. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Did you need extra tumblers?

I bought my bags used, so any tumblers or parts I have are already installed on the bike.

**EDIT** I see that you do.

Last edited:
The new packaging came with several tumblers. When you're "coding" the lock cylinder to your ignition key, it's trial and error using 3 different types of tumblers. Sounds difficult, but once you get into it, you see it's really not. It's really not bad, in truth. I just totally completed the install of my saddlebags tonight. A good bit of work to install the whole thing, but definitely worth it.

If you bought your set used, you could take the whole thing apart and recode the lock cylinder to your key... if you had some tumblers.

Yeah, me too. Just threw all the parts up on my work bench in the pole barn and had a couple beers during the assembly.

Back