• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Palmer Products

Keep me in the loop

Anyone here familiar with this company in the UK?

Honda - NC700X - Palmer Products

Even with the US dollar exchange rate, the screen adapter kit seems far less money that the BRUUDT product. I wonder if they ship internationally?
bduffey,
I'll be interested in your evaluation of the Palmer windshield adapter.
I view it as a less complicated, better looking Madstad screen apparatus. It reminds me of the first Madstad for the early Suzuki V-Stroms. Simple and non intrusive. Plus it is less expensive.

I have known of them but have never ordered from them for my triumph tiger.[gear shift lever] never thought to see what the had for the nc. thanks

I bought their windscreen adapter some time ago and tried them of my NCX, using my CalSci windscreen, and I usually wind up removing them after the first night ride, since the headlight reflects off the bottom of my CalSci screen all too well, making everything else pretty dim, in comparison. I've even tried adding blue painter's tape to the inside bottom of the windscreen to calm things down, but it was of strictly limited value. The Palmer brackets push the windscreen far enough away from the normal mounting points that the entire bottom of the windscreen picks up the headlight glare and makes sure I get it full in the face. With the stock Honda windscreen mounts, the CalSci shield works fine at night - it's only when using the Palmer adapters that I run into a problem.

I've never tried it with the normal Honda windscreen, however, so I can't really say how it works then.

It matters to me, since this time of year, riding at night's much better than riding during the 100+ (F) daytime temps.

So did you get the reflection regardless of where the adapters were set, either at their highest or lowest setting? I ordered one tonight and am hoping it will work well on my MRA Vario, which is tinted pretty darkly. At 6'5", I'm really looking to find some wind protection while on the highway at speed.

I get the reflection from the headlight on my CalSci screen no matter how low or how high, and no matter what tilt I have it it. I should mention that I only used the brackets in the lowest stock Honda holes on the front of the bike, not the upper ones. I don't know if that would make a difference. I should also point out that the CalSci screen comes down in a big VEE in the middle. If you screen is shaped differently, that might help things.

Here's a pic from a recent trip. You can see the blue tape I used. The worst reflection was from the very center bottom of the windscreen, and the tape DID stop the actual reflection. But I'd get a lot of headlight glare all along the bottom 2 or 3 inches of the windscreen at night.

Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 7.53.30 PM.jpg

I have the CalSci sport screen (one of their shorter ones), and I can tell you that at 5"10", even in the bottom Palmer position, only the very top of my helmet gets any wind (where the top vent is). No buffeting what-so-ever.

I get the reflection from the headlight on my CalSci screen no matter how low or how high, and no matter what tilt I have it it. I should mention that I only used the brackets in the lowest stock Honda holes on the front of the bike, not the upper ones. I don't know if that would make a difference. I should also point out that the CalSci screen comes down in a big VEE in the middle. If you screen is shaped differently, that might help things.

Here's a pic from a recent trip. You can see the blue tape I used. The worst reflection was from the very center bottom of the windscreen, and the tape DID stop the actual reflection. But I'd get a lot of headlight glare all along the bottom 2 or 3 inches of the windscreen at night.

View attachment 18536

I have the CalSci sport screen (one of their shorter ones), and I can tell you that at 5"10", even in the bottom Palmer position, only the very top of my helmet gets any wind (where the top vent is). No buffeting what-so-ever.
Nice evaluation of the Palmer bracket.
I was reading rider's experiences with the Madstad bracket, and several users reported the same unwanted light reflections at night using that bracket. So I guess you have to be careful how far you move the windscreen forward.

I bet if you were to mask the front and back of the windscreen, then paint the entire bottom leading edge with black spray paint, that would eliminate most light entering the windscreen from the headlight. You might even be able to use a wide Sharpie to color the edge vs. painting it.

I bet if you were to mask the front and back of the windscreen, then paint the entire bottom leading edge with black spray paint, that would eliminate most light entering the windscreen from the headlight. You might even be able to use a wide Sharpie to color the edge vs. painting it.

That might work. I don't know if I'd want to do it, but it might work...

Since I've already removed my Palmer bracket (again) and mounted the CalSci windshield back to the original Honda mounts, I probably won't bother. But it sounds like a good thing to keep in mind if (when?) I change my mind again. I don't think I'll use glossy paint, though.

Will do. MUCH cheaper than BRUUDT!!!!!!

BRUUDT is actually cheaper if you get it through Ebay (at least in VA, but I assume it's similar in MA). Not saying it's better, but I'm happy with it for my purposes (very much a one-off install). The Palmer bracket looks like a really nice solution, though. I wouldn't mind checking it out.

I tried them with my GIVI shield but the image in the Palmer ad that shows wing type nuts is not what you get. I already had Dan's shield nut adapters so after a disappointing time with the Palmer adapters I went back to the standard setup with my GIVI and a Wonderlich Wind deflector and I'm much happier. I was expecting something like the Madstad that has hand adjustable movement nuts (had it on my 09 WeeStrom) and was disappointed with their setup as you need two different allen sets to adjust correctly, which is a bummer in the dark under mall lights (was not much better in daylight)when trying to get the best adjustment. May be just my old-fart clumsiness and lack of patience .... UPDATE now have the tool-less-adjusters and makes a BIGGGGG difference ... can adjust from the seat of the bike and easy to do. MAKE sure you pay the little extra and get the too-less-adjusters .... Now I'm enjoying the palmer shield plates....

Last edited:
The site says "optional tool-less adjusters available"

They're an extra £10 and can be selected from the drop-down menu when ordering.

Anybody used this with a Puig (and Dale's plates)?

Last edited:
That might work. I don't know if I'd want to do it, but it might work...

Since I've already removed my Palmer bracket (again) and mounted the CalSci windshield back to the original Honda mounts, I probably won't bother. But it sounds like a good thing to keep in mind if (when?) I change my mind again. I don't think I'll use glossy paint, though.

You could first test the theory by using some of that blue painters tape on the bottom edge. Get a roll that is 1" wide and fold extra over the font and back edges.

Back