• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Panniers require fairing to be cut?

Texican88

Reaction score
Visit site
Just read a post that indicated that part of the fairing needs to be cut away in order to accomodate the Honda OEM side panniers? Can anyone else confirm this? Perhaps show some photos of the end result? I have some of these on backorder, and don't like the idea of having to cut away at the bike.

Thanks.

Well, sort of.
In order to get the panniers on, you need the Honda luggage rack. And THAT one needs some minor cutting in the sides next to the four mounting bolts. I too got some resistance when I first heard of this 'cutting', but once I saw that it is only a minor operation I got calm again. Don't let it frighten you, just do it!

Thanks, Christian. I'll take your word for it. Will be well worth it for me. Sounds like a minor operation. Are the cuts visible once the rack is mounted?

Hardly not. You have to know about the cuttings to be able to spot them. I actually got a picture here on the farkling thread showing the old siderails and the new heavier luggage rack mounting rails, where you can see the cuts. But me and searching old threads on this side, we are not compatible, sort of speaking... ;-)

just found your photo. I see nothing to be worried about. Where did you get your chain guard/rear tire cover. It looks nice.

I have gone for the givi fitting and will get the v35 panniers as I like the way they fitted in a recessed manor on the bike.
I have already got the fixings on and I have posted pictures on my thread in the general discussion section if you wanted to take a look at it - may be useful not sure - just thought I'd let you know - cheers :)

Back